Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen and Minion Intelligence

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
KingsISle, you really need to improve the AI of your henchmen/minions.

Here are my top gripes, people can state theirs:
  • A minion with full health healing themselves, and not the dead/dying people.
  • The minion who will Taunt players. Taunt does nothing to players.
  • A minion who cannot cast fire/ice/storm spells casting an Elemental Blade on themself (same thing goes for spirit)
  • Minions triggering cheats. Such as using traps when traps are forbidden, or blades when blades are forbidden.

My suggestion, allow the player who summons them to choose from one or two spells. Or reject a spell. or retarget their spell

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Why should Players be able to direct, control, or say how and what the henchmen does?

Because they pay Crowns to hire them.

Here's a simple fix:

Allow players to select exclusive function buttons in the hire henchman screen.
Such as the ones shown below:

• Only Healing
    - Available to henchmen with healing spells
  • Only Defense
    - Available to henchmen with defensive spells
  • Only Attack
    - Available to henchmen able to attack
  • All
    - Allows the henchmen to function as they do now
This one simple fix would dramatically improve henchman quality, reliability, and consistency.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, Minions and Henchmen that heal themselves at full health when I've got a sliver of life left.

Minions and Henchmen that cast blades on off school players or other minions are also a big thorn in my side.

P101 allows you to control your crew. I don't see why W101 cannot allow you to control summoned Minions or Crown bought henchmen

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Mar 18, 2018 wrote:
Why should Players be able to direct, control, or say how and what the henchmen does?

Because they pay Crowns to hire them.

Here's a simple fix:

Allow players to select exclusive function buttons in the hire henchman screen.
Such as the ones shown below:

• Only Healing
    - Available to henchmen with healing spells
  • Only Defense
    - Available to henchmen with defensive spells
  • Only Attack
    - Available to henchmen able to attack
  • All
    - Allows the henchmen to function as they do now
This one simple fix would dramatically improve henchman quality, reliability, and consistency.
I agree completely. If we are to pay money for a feature, it shouldn't be random. I don't even bother with Henchman because more often than not they spoil the set up of the fight. I might consider using them if this were to change.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

x ten million yes

When you pay a lot of CROWNS (real money) for a henchman and your entire team is hurting and the henchman's first move is to heal itself even though it has full health.

What is that about?!

Please that's not cool. That seems like it would be easy to code against??

Also for them to prefer the team leader for healing would be nice, unless maybe they are nearly full health and a henchman is nearly dead.
Is there any way henchmen can show their cards to the team leader or person who bought the henchmen's services, and, that person can veto or approve??
Is there any way henchmen can be coded not to set off the Boss cheats??

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
I just wish in the interface to purchase them, it remember your favorites. I usually only use the mid level healer from Dragonspyre and it is time consuming to search all the time for it.