Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Timed Ranked Matches? 1 hour?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2018
Similar to tournaments, i believe a timed Diego system for regular ranked would also be beneficial, I'm not to sure about giving the win to someone based on a timer, probably something more along the lines of a draw but its more of a recent thought. I'd say giving an hour maybe an hour and a half to do a match would be fair. because obviously we have problems with mass jading strategy's and juju spam strategy's that just make pvp less enjoyable.

Obviously jading can be beaten played properly but it just ruins the experience sitting a match with someone for over an hour with someone who usually only ever kills you when you run out of cards. Putting a time limit on matches would force game-play if we made the timer running out a neutral think such as a tie. I Wouldn't really suggest having Diego decide because that would only encourage players to jade more since they'd only have to wait an hour max to time out their opponent.

I'm sure many of you have seen it, matches going on for hours, sometimes crazily enough days! I mean i'm not gonna sit here and say how depressing that is for 16 rank but moving on. I believe an hour limit for matches, in which both players would suffer loses for a tie, like how they would if they usually tied, will highly discourage jading. As most jading strategy's can't kill a competent knowledgeable player in under an hour.

Of course if something like this was implemented there would be a lot of ties right out the gate and people would be upset. But it gradually force players who want to earn rank to stop jading.

I've jaded before myself, its not hard, any competent knowledgeable player can do it. in fact its way easier than anything else because it requires a lot less predictions (from second) and it has a simple Premise. There is so many jades now a days because its such a simple strategy to pick and do as long as you have the funds.

Short term this change would be a pain, Long term it would make pvp a lot more enjoyable and interesting. (it also stop people from sitting in matches for 5 hours just to lose and get super upset) Pvp is the end game of Wiz, After you're done questing and everything else it all comes down to pvp, that's what drives players to keep playing after they've finished the game or updates haven't dropped in forever. I believe a change like this would be highly beneficial to the game.