Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Elixir

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I did not know you can use it on as many wizards as you want to.

All my wizards are level 50 + but can we buy an elixir on sale in case KI expand the wizards slots to more than six?

I was thinking recently "I hope if KI expand the wizard slots they also put the Level 50 elixir on sale at the same time."

Should I buy one in advance? Can I buy one in advance? Or do you have to buy it on the wizard just like you do with the backpack expander and such?

Thanks.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/level50-elixir-sale-2018

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SparkleTude on Mar 8, 2018 wrote:
I did not know you can use it on as many wizards as you want to.

All my wizards are level 50 + but can we buy an elixir on sale in case KI expand the wizards slots to more than six?

I was thinking recently "I hope if KI expand the wizard slots they also put the Level 50 elixir on sale at the same time."

Should I buy one in advance? Can I buy one in advance? Or do you have to buy it on the wizard just like you do with the backpack expander and such?

Thanks.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/level50-elixir-sale-2018
My understanding is that the sale of the Elixir is "instant". It is applied to the Wizard who is making the purchase.

From the Image that was posted in the "Game Updates", it shows the purchase window, and explains that the Elixir changes will be applied to that particular Wizard. See details here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/august2016

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't get this Level 50 Elixir. Why?. Those who take the Elixir will miss out on all the drops and gold along the way plus the fun adventuring and defeating in the 1st arc for that one wizard. Can someone please tell me why some players may want this??

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you AluraMist. I found out that is correct.
I tried to buy a Level 50 Elixir for future use but couldn't.

Well I hope if they expand our wizard total they will put the Elixir on sale at the same time.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So because the elixir is instantaneous, it therefore means it's not something that can be bought to stored in the bank like a regular item.

It disappears after use.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
People have been advocating a 7th wizard slot for years...probably since the dawn of the Spiral! I doubt it is possible to buy the elixir in advance of an update that is (sadly) unlikely to happen, but if they ever do introduce a 7th slot I bet shortly after they'd be putting that elixir on sale for everyone who made their much desired and long awaited 7th wiz.

My advice: Use your crowns for what you would like now instead

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
I don't get this Level 50 Elixir. Why?. Those who take the Elixir will miss out on all the drops and gold along the way plus the fun adventuring and defeating in the 1st arc for that one wizard. Can someone please tell me why some players may want this??
Because some people have multiple accounts. And running the same quests over and over and over may become tedious by the time they have a 12th wizard. Not only that, but the lowest worlds have been nerfed down to almost zero challenge for an experienced player.

Also, the elixir only completes the main quests up to the start of Celestia and to the beginning of Sudriland in Wintertusk. NONE of the side quests are done. Not one. So, if you still wanted to run around and experience much of the early worlds' flavors, you could. You also won't get credit for any Zeke quests.

On the plus side, the gear that the elixir provides is quite good. It's much better than any dropped gear in the game for level 50.

I tried the elixir out on my lower Death wizard, who was level 42 and half done with Mooshu/Grizzleheim. It just seemed like she was a good candidate to experiment with since the elixir was on sale. Though I won't be doing it on any further lower wizards, it was honestly a thrill to see her jump straight over the world I hate the most: Dragonspyre. Seriously, it was worth 20K crowns just to skip that one dreadful place. Then the surprisingly good gear made the expense more than seem fair.

After she advanced, she spent the next few hours going back to catch up on all Mooshu and Wintertusk side quests that were still outstanding. Probably she'll do the Dragonspyre side quests, too. Maybe. I don't know, I really hate that world.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
We all enjoy the game in different ways.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Some people like myself find the first arc tedious and simplistic. Others want to jump into pvp as soon as possible. Still others have run the storyline so many times it has become boring. The gold and drops of the first arc are negligible. Better gold farming is available in vestrilurd and the best all around sets such as waterworks and darkmoor are in the second arc forward.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Freshta on Mar 10, 2018 wrote:
Because some people have multiple accounts. And running the same quests over and over and over may become tedious by the time they have a 12th wizard. Not only that, but the lowest worlds have been nerfed down to almost zero challenge for an experienced player.

Also, the elixir only completes the main quests up to the start of Celestia and to the beginning of Sudriland in Wintertusk. NONE of the side quests are done. Not one. So, if you still wanted to run around and experience much of the early worlds' flavors, you could. You also won't get credit for any Zeke quests.

On the plus side, the gear that the elixir provides is quite good. It's much better than any dropped gear in the game for level 50.

I tried the elixir out on my lower Death wizard, who was level 42 and half done with Mooshu/Grizzleheim. It just seemed like she was a good candidate to experiment with since the elixir was on sale. Though I won't be doing it on any further lower wizards, it was honestly a thrill to see her jump straight over the world I hate the most: Dragonspyre. Seriously, it was worth 20K crowns just to skip that one dreadful place. Then the surprisingly good gear made the expense more than seem fair.

After she advanced, she spent the next few hours going back to catch up on all Mooshu and Wintertusk side quests that were still outstanding. Probably she'll do the Dragonspyre side quests, too. Maybe. I don't know, I really hate that world.

Alia Misthaven
Thank you for explaining that to me. It does make sense. I too have 12 wizards and it gets quite boring questing through the first few worlds and Grizzleheim but I love Wintertusk. I'd love to see Level 10 Elixir. I feel Wizard City is the most boring world to quest in by the time i played my 6th wizard. Plus I basically couldn't do anything at first like fishing, crafting and pet training.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 11, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for explaining that to me. It does make sense. I too have 12 wizards and it gets quite boring questing through the first few worlds and Grizzleheim but I love Wintertusk. I'd love to see Level 10 Elixir. I feel Wizard City is the most boring world to quest in by the time i played my 6th wizard. Plus I basically couldn't do anything at first like fishing, crafting and pet training.
Level 10 elixir sounds like an idea!

I wasn't being facetious earlier. I thought I'd gone into it in the past and some have not so subtly hinted that I post or say too much on here so.

Sounds like you got a great answer.

The elixir only covers the mandatory worlds. Optional worlds such as Marleybone and Grizzleheim and Celestia are still left unfinished by the elixir.

I really did not like Dragonspyre mainly because the color contrasts were (are) literally painful to my eyes. (I'm sure many enjoy the color scheme, no offense meant to the artists and developers.)

Also I experienced a lot of stressful things bringing my first wizard through all those worlds and also I just did not want to do the same things six times in a row.

Also finding people to help with some bosses or quests was very difficult and I prefer to solo. Soloing some worlds with some schools is even harder since nearly all the monsters are that school too.
I wish there were level 75 and level 100 elixirs. They could make those available on one wizard each if they wanted.

As I've stated in the past I'm there to be entertained, not to struggle.

The higher levels are easier and more fun. Although...I wish Celestia was not as long as it is. Most of my wizards are still stuck there.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 11, 2018 wrote:
"Plus I basically couldn't do anything at first like fishing, crafting and pet training."

This is part of it also. It's that cringey awkward feeling of being the new kid or at the first day of school -- over and over again.

Clothes aren't like the other kids, equipment isn't as good as everyone else's (they all have iPads, you have a Trapper Keeper), you get picked on, harassed, name-called and bullied, don't know the lingo and can't do a thing about it.

Yeah I'd as soon skip that as much as possible.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I thought I was the only one who was iffy in Dragonspyre. The whole place made me feel anxious. I am very happy to not go through it again. The elixir came out on the day I was going to do Big Ben. OMG what a relief. My fire wizard is doing great doing level 50+. Having fun discovering new places.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Oops I didn't mean Celestia in my earlier post.

The Level 50 elixir drops you off at Celestia, it's a mandatory world.
I was thinking of optional worlds Marleybone, Grizzleheim, and Wysteria, not Celestia. Sorry.
Looks like part of Grizzle is mandatory too according to someone else?

Anyway you skip all the way up to Celestia. You also get some cracking good gear as someone else said. It really is good. I'm still using it a few levels later. I stitch other things to it though.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SparkleTude on Mar 14, 2018 wrote:

I was thinking of optional worlds Marleybone, Grizzleheim, and Wysteria, not Celestia. Sorry.

Anyway you skip all the way up to Celestia. You also get some cracking good gear as someone else said. It really is good. I'm still using it a few levels later. I stitch other things to it though.
In case anyone is interested, this link shows the Equipment Sets that the Elixir grants to your Wizard.

Click on the blue links to see details on each item:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Level_50_Elixir

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
I purchased the level 50 elixir three different times. It is totally worth it and a great way to get your new wizards started. Recommend level: 1000 :)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Mar 14, 2018 wrote:

FYI: Marleybone is not one of the optional side worlds either. It's on the main questline, between Krokotopia and Mooshu.

The optional areas are Grizzleheim/Wintertusk, Wysteria, Aquila, and the "Four Dungeons" zones in existing worlds. Grizzleheim/Wintertusk are definitely "optional" in terms of advancing to the end game, but skipping them will prevent us from getting several utility spells and pretty much all of our school pets.

I normally wouldn't go to the trouble of pointing this out, but saw you mention Marleybone as optional in two different threads. That's a sign that you've got some misinformation going on and the 'tutor' in me just can't help but comment.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Mar 12, 2018 wrote:
Level 10 elixir sounds like an idea!

I wasn't being facetious earlier. I thought I'd gone into it in the past and some have not so subtly hinted that I post or say too much on here so.

Sounds like you got a great answer.

The elixir only covers the mandatory worlds. Optional worlds such as Marleybone and Grizzleheim and Celestia are still left unfinished by the elixir.

I really did not like Dragonspyre mainly because the color contrasts were (are) literally painful to my eyes. (I'm sure many enjoy the color scheme, no offense meant to the artists and developers.)

Also I experienced a lot of stressful things bringing my first wizard through all those worlds and also I just did not want to do the same things six times in a row.

Also finding people to help with some bosses or quests was very difficult and I prefer to solo. Soloing some worlds with some schools is even harder since nearly all the monsters are that school too.
I wish there were level 75 and level 100 elixirs. They could make those available on one wizard each if they wanted.

As I've stated in the past I'm there to be entertained, not to struggle.

The higher levels are easier and more fun. Although...I wish Celestia was not as long as it is. Most of my wizards are still stuck there.
"...some have not so subtly hinted that I post or say too much on here..."

Haha, you have a head full of thoughts and ideas. You're enthusiastic and creative. Get used to it and get on your Sparkletude-Attitude where you brush off such silly remarks with your sparkle-dust

There will always be some people who try to inhibit your enthusiasm, creativity and ideas. Please know they are the minority and most people LOVE it! No idea ever came to anything until it was shared. You've maybe even seen a great idea come to fruition and heard someone say, "I thought of that first but never said anything". Well, it's no good just thinking it, that's not how ideas become reality. Also, for every amazing idea there are a million that are not so amazing. Every creative person has had more ideas that they ended up discarding than those they used. It only takes ONE amazing idea to change the world (or the Spiral!)

Keep chatting and sharing; you're appreciated and so is your sparkle!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:

Haha, you have a head full of thoughts and ideas. You're enthusiastic and creative. Get used to it and get on your Sparkletude-Attitude where you brush off such silly remarks with your sparkle-dust

There will always be some people who try to inhibit your enthusiasm, creativity and ideas. Please know they are the minority and most people LOVE it! No idea ever came to anything until it was shared. You've maybe even seen a great idea come to fruition and heard someone say, "I thought of that first but never said anything". Well, it's no good just thinking it, that's not how ideas become reality. Also, for every amazing idea there are a million that are not so amazing. Every creative person has had more ideas that they ended up discarding than those they used. It only takes ONE amazing idea to change the world (or the Spiral!)

Well you just brought (happy) tears to my eyes! Thank you! This truly was a generous comment!

And thank you also to Freshta for upvoting Victoria's comment!

It really did wound me, some of that stuff, and this helps heal it, so...thank you Max Level Healers.

And thank you also for picking up on why I chose my name :) That is the type of presence I wish to be.

Freshta: I have a soft spot for tutors, they help change the world, so thank you! I didn't know that Marley wasn't optional -- and now I do. That's a good thing!

See why I love this community???

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:

That was a very nice thing you said to SparkerTube. It's always good to hear a warm and positive comment about someone. Those are the kind of people I want on my Friends list and quest with.