Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Mechanics...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2018
So at level 40, I get the Grizz quest to see the king, then kill Jotun. Go in the dungeon, realize that between Jotun and his three flunkies, they have 27,000 health.

That is not a typo.

Start a group. Me and a 55 Death Wizard. After 90 minutes (I ran out of cards), he kills Jotun, the same round I die. (Which means no flee and come back. (Have honestly never seen that mechanic before in any other MMO).

No credit.

First off, 27,000 health for the entire encounter, when a level 40 Wizard probably has about 2.2k.

Second, a fight should not take 90 minutes. That's longer than a Mythic end-expansion boss in WoW.

But no credit?

/smh

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Listen, unlike dungeons such as Nastrond where if one defeats a boss, everyone gains the credit, it is not the same for boss instances.

While I agree that Jotun is a little OP for the level requirements, what occurred to you in a simple basis the game is build on.

If you're defeated and the boss goes down, you won't get any credit, just like out in the world, you're defeated by mobs and the mobs just so happen to be defeating the same turn, you won't get any credit.

You'll instead be transported to the nearest Safe Zone.

That's just how it works.

Learn/Pack Reshuffle to assist with your card problem.

Just a part of the game and has been for over 9 years now.

It's not a bug nor it's ideally unfair.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
If someone has defeated either (or both) of the two brothers in the adjacent dungeons, one (or both) of the brothers will not show up for this battle. That way you can fight just Jotun and the one minion.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DreadstoneofXev on Mar 4, 2018 wrote:
So at level 40, I get the Grizz quest to see the king, then kill Jotun. Go in the dungeon, realize that between Jotun and his three flunkies, they have 27,000 health.

That is not a typo.

Start a group. Me and a 55 Death Wizard. After 90 minutes (I ran out of cards), he kills Jotun, the same round I die. (Which means no flee and come back. (Have honestly never seen that mechanic before in any other MMO).

No credit.

First off, 27,000 health for the entire encounter, when a level 40 Wizard probably has about 2.2k.

Second, a fight should not take 90 minutes. That's longer than a Mythic end-expansion boss in WoW.

But no credit?

/smh
If you want to make it easier, there's two other dungeons next to the Jotun sigil. If you kill the boss at the end of both of those dungeons, then they won't spawn into the Jotun fight. It'll just be him and a minion.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
As a couple of wizards have already mentioned, you can thin the bosses by doing the adjacent dungeons. Another thing is that a lot of high level wizards appreciate that is a dungeon that's particularly hard for the level and will be happy to help you out. If you ask for someone high level to help you through it they are likely to be happy to help. They may even take the opportunity to collect the book there if they missed it earlier.

If you get help from a higher level wiz try to throw some blades on them or traps for the enemies so you're helping and not just getting them to do everything. Or have some heals or shields handy to keep everyone alive.