Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Chaos School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2009
Unlike being in the middle keeping everything balanced, I had an Idea, we love a good yes, but what happens when everything becomes unbalanced? In becomes Chaos.

I'd half expect everyone to think of an unbalance as all the elements and spirits going wild and uncontrolled.. well that's where wizards who specialize in those classes come in. and almost everywhere in the spiral, it is unbalanced. when things cannot be handled alone by a Legendary wizard, when bringing and peace isn't enough curve the tide. the unrest of chaos being controlled by will eventually burst out.

Headmaster Ambrose came across a new friend found observing the struggles of in Wizard City. Questioning the Woman, curious he was as to what incantations she was casting as Ambrose has never seen anything like it before. Zurin Chaosia Was her name. She was never part of any of the worlds in the spiral, thus she was among us all the whole time, watching, observing all the young wizards journey to stop malistaire in his tracks, from wizard city trials, to the fiery dragonspyre to the astrals of celestia, and so on. but unbeknownst to ambrose, the only reason the balance stuck, was because she was there to clear the Chaos, embracing it herself.

while the young wizards solved problems, made friends, stopped enemies, Zurin followed to ensure those who had fallen, their spirits would rest easy and the forces of nature and the elements stayed calm.

upon explaining her triumphs and new found spell techniques to Ambrose, he was more than excited to invite her to stay with him in a new class room upstairs in the Headmasters Office. After all there is an unspoken thing between Ambrose and Zurin they don't dare speak of as it truly would be Chaotic.

Below you can see a list of ideas for spells of the Chaos School. I am very confident in this idea and would love to see it implemented.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Spell: Chaos School Spells

Zurin Chaosian - Starter School Teacher name

Spores level 1 Deals 35 Chaos Damage then 35-70 Chaos Damage 1 pip

Mosquito level 5 Deals deals 175-190 Chaos Damage 2 pips

Leech Level 8 Converts 25% of damaging spell taken into Healing 0 pips

Siphon level 10 Deals 250-280 Chaos damage, then Heals a friend for 30% of chaos damage dealt 3 pips

Blood Rain level 16 Deals 255-300 Chaos Damage to all enemies 4 pips

Madness level 22 25% chance for all to cast selected spell at random target, can't target self 4 pips

Soul Drain level 26 Deals 450 Myth Damage, 355 life Damage, or 500 Death Damage 4 pips

Stealth level 33 Causes All enemies spells to miss you for 1 round 3 pips

Cerberus level 42 Deals 350 Balance, and Chaos damage 6 pips

Other Spells

Chaotic Trap level 20 +30% Leech to next Damageing spell 1 pips Niles

Hidden Cards level 20 Cause the next 2 casts to replicate your opponets last cast spell 4 pips mildred

Chaotic blades level 25 +30% Siphoning to next damageing spell 1 pip niles

See Through level 25 Convert minion damage to healing for you 2 pips croaky

Chaotic spear level 80 Steal 6% permanent armor rating from enemy for the remaining time in battle 2 pips Enya

Reflective Aura +15% Global_ Alternate Chaos Armor Piercing, +20% Golbal_Alternate Chaos Critical Rating 4 pips amelia

Recursive level 100 50% of next damage taken split among all 7 pips jaki

Werewolf Pack level 100 Deals 450 chaos damage and Deal 25% of that damage to all 7 pips jaki

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Chaos Spells from quests

Chaos Shield -50% to next Balance damage 0 pips

Recursive 50% of next damage taken split among all 0 pips

Chaos Reform 50% of next damage spell reflected to enemy 0 pips

Chaos Blade +20% to next Chaos spell 0 pips

Shaded -50% damage 0 pips

Olyphant Minion Summon a minion of Chaos 3 Pips

Superb Contortion 100 healing and 500 damage over time to an enemy 3 pips

Assent +40% to next Damage spell 0 pips

Disorder Deals 90 chaos damage per pip and 10 healing to self per pip x pips

Chaotic Force +20% accuracy for all friends 1 pip

Chaotic Defuse Dispel next outgoing Balance spell 5 pips

Unbalanced Minion summon a minion of a random class 5 pips

Werewolf pack Deals 450 chaos damage and Deal 25% of that damage to all 7 pips

Extreme Contortion 50 healing and 700 damage over time to an enemy 4 pips

Hades soulwell Deals 550-630 Chaos Damage to all enemies and heals all friends for 10% of damage dealt 8 pips

Geryon Crows Deal 45 fire, ice, and Storm and Balance damage, and 55 Myth, Life, Death, and Chaos Damage 9 pips

Unstable Mana Target loses 1% accuracy per pip to all spells in current hand 5 pips

Burning Man Destroy target aura dealing 520 Chaos damage to target 2 pips

Fate Sister Summon Chaos Minion 5 pips

Hades (chaos) Deals 800 Chaos Damage, +15% Permanent Armor piercing throughout current battle 8 pips

Dire Boar Deals 1050 Chaos Damage and -50% next inc Elemental Damage self 10 pips

Mass Hysteria Deals 500 Chaos Damage and 600 Balance damage and +25% Chaos damage global alternate 5 pips(+1 shadow pip)

Outburst deals 820-860 Myth, Life, or Death damage to all enemies 6 pips(+1 shadow pip)

Ritual of the Seven Deals 125 fire, ice, storm, myth, life, death, and Balance Damage Divided to all enemies 4 pips (+1 shadow pip)

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Interestingly enough, the Chaos School actually already exists in the spiral. Wysteria had 7 schools that "mirrored" the Ravenwood ones.

• Equilibrium = Balance
  • Earth = Life
  • Spirit = Death
  • Ember = Fire
  • Frost = Ice
  • Tempest = Storm
  • Chaos = Myth

I think the game has progressed too far to add another school. KingsIsle would have to go back and alter previous quests, and add in things like level-oriented school pets and items. However, I do think it would be cool to have a Wysteria dungeon where we could take on the role of a random Pigswick student. That would allow us to use Wysteria's spells and not mess with the game's current meta.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
Interestingly enough, the Chaos School actually already exists in the spiral. Wysteria had 7 schools that "mirrored" the Ravenwood ones.

• Equilibrium = Balance
  • Earth = Life
  • Spirit = Death
  • Ember = Fire
  • Frost = Ice
  • Tempest = Storm
  • Chaos = Myth

I think the game has progressed too far to add another school. KingsIsle would have to go back and alter previous quests, and add in things like level-oriented school pets and items. However, I do think it would be cool to have a Wysteria dungeon where we could take on the role of a random Pigswick student. That would allow us to use Wysteria's spells and not mess with the game's current meta.
i know what you mean, but the whole questing doesn't exactly have to be reworked, just like balance it is fairly weak, but powerful used right. I see Chaos as the same as balance. no specific gears for chaos, just the non class sets or balance, as it stems from unbalance. you get what im saying?

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Now the quests could be the same go through as balance except, as a chaos student, you recieve the quest from Zurin, you find the unbalance in the quests of balance and learn spells for the chaos school. i do like the idea of being a pigswick student haha, would be awesome, that was my intention going into wysteria, unfortunately i wasn't that fortunate.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Zurric on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
i know what you mean, but the whole questing doesn't exactly have to be reworked, just like balance it is fairly weak, but powerful used right. I see Chaos as the same as balance. no specific gears for chaos, just the non class sets or balance, as it stems from unbalance. you get what im saying?
The Chaos school already exists in Wysteria, as Vanessa Mythdust said. On top of that adding a new school this far into the game would be chaos, literally. Repeating what Vanessa said, new quests would have to be made, old quests would have to be altered, school-only pets would have to be created, etcetera.

Balance is meant to stand alone because it is "balanced". Storm has a Myth weakness and vise versa. Ice has a Fire weakness and vise versa. Life has a Death weakness and vise versa. Balance has it's own power but also taps into Storm/Fire/Ice and Life/Myth/Death with spells like Hydra and Chimera. It doesn't need an opposing school because it itself is it's opposing school.

Also, Balance has it's own gear, just like the other schools and I have no idea why you think Balance is weak.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
DaisySee on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
The Chaos school already exists in Wysteria, as Vanessa Mythdust said. On top of that adding a new school this far into the game would be chaos, literally. Repeating what Vanessa said, new quests would have to be made, old quests would have to be altered, school-only pets would have to be created, etcetera.

Balance is meant to stand alone because it is "balanced". Storm has a Myth weakness and vise versa. Ice has a Fire weakness and vise versa. Life has a Death weakness and vise versa. Balance has it's own power but also taps into Storm/Fire/Ice and Life/Myth/Death with spells like Hydra and Chimera. It doesn't need an opposing school because it itself is it's opposing school.

Also, Balance has it's own gear, just like the other schools and I have no idea why you think Balance is weak.
but even if they had to do all that, it would be worth the rework. I honestly forgot about the wysteria school, didn's pay much attention to wysteria unlike other worlds i been to. The only thing is that you can't actually learn anything from those teachers. I had an idea to integrate the chaos school to wizard city whether it was in the game or not.

I mean nobody else has to like it, that's why it's a suggestion, i usually put a lot of effort into these ideas. feel kind of dumbfounded finding out wysteria has the school.

now if they decided hey, let's make it so Members can start in wysteria as a level one wizard and with all available trainers to learn new spells. but this is just one, how about letting the chaos school transfer to wizard city or say the person i mentioned to be a teacher. originating not from a world but outside of the worlds on several plateaus surrounding the spiral, learning to control the chaos.

In the end KI would have to make that decision, the spells were my idea that originated off of the balance class. KI has done big updates and added new quests to old zones before. I love the game, and wanted to put in my 2 cents. it could be a great addition to the game. but KI would be responsible for the technical work. not the community, and if it would work i'd love to see it

Survivor
Apr 07, 2017
I agree, we do need a new school, maybe something with a spell to counter loremaster (spell) effects with maybe a weakness block and 85% accuracy with spells along with damage between fire and storm,This would make our new school balanced between all stats making it good for questing, maybe chaos could be themed on a mixture of death and myth with a rank 1 spell of lost soul.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
In a way,I think balance is weak, because in places like Drum Jungle in Zafaria, I get hammered back to the beginning. Whereas say, Death or Life can skate through with minimum damage in 3 rounds.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
The only reason i say is weak, is because it can be difficult to plan your next move, and you have to waste a turn guessing if the opponent is going to cast a damage spell, therefore using weakness spell against it, then plotting your next move to attack or weaken the enemy again.

Chaos sounds much like a mix of and , balance sound like a mix of and . even new content would be a lot of work to implement, and that's why KI is always working to ensure they release content. Lost souls sounds a bit more on the death side, I chose spores, as it is kind of outside the norm with other rank one spells and the goal for each spell is to combat the rank balance spells, spores seems to do the trick, as a beetle vs spores, it is a bit chaotic and can be used a shield breaker later on in higher ranked worlds, such as celestia. the first hit is low and causes damage but can break a shield, then hits again with a larger attack, but only just by 20% increased damage from the initial hit. it isn't balanced, it's just chaotic, but the damage is low enough to make sense. Finding the unbalance of each balance in the spiral.

now scorpion on the balance side of things is great, so i added mosquito, as they are a nuisance and can be quite annoying, i'd sooner find myself taking damage from a scorpion than a mosquito anyday