Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Crashing with new Renee Woofton Update?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Ok, so I heard about the new Renee Woofton update, so I got on. After walking for a few seconds, my game would just freeze and then never unfreeze. This happened to me again a second time. The third time I tried to get on and do the quest, my screen froze completely again after I had finished talking to Renee Woofton. I'm not sure if this is a glitch in the new update or if its just my computer or wifi. It says my wifi is at full bars, so I don't really know. Has this happened to anyone else as well?

Taylor Daisyflame: Level 92

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
Hello!

This has not happened to me before. If this continues to happen, you should contact kingsisle support directly!

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Taylor Daisy Flame on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:
Ok, so I heard about the new Renee Woofton update, so I got on. After walking for a few seconds, my game would just freeze and then never unfreeze. This happened to me again a second time. The third time I tried to get on and do the quest, my screen froze completely again after I had finished talking to Renee Woofton. I'm not sure if this is a glitch in the new update or if its just my computer or wifi. It says my wifi is at full bars, so I don't really know. Has this happened to anyone else as well?

It might be your connection or it could be that more people are in the Commons causing it to slow down it a bit. Whenever a certain area in the Spiral is overcrowded, like the Bazaar, Commons, Dye Shop, etc., my game slows down a tiny bit or "refreshes" as in all the other players and NPCs disappear and then reappear within a few seconds.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Taylor Daisy Flame on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:

What you're describing sounds like what happens to me whenever I end up in one of the crowded realms. KI recently changed the game settings so that we'll automatically be sent to the most populated realm possible. This is great for finding friends, but terrible if you have an older system with lagging issues.

The solution is to either log on during off-peak hours (late at night or early morning), or get yourself to a less crowded realm so your system can catch its breath. I suggest switching to a "perfect realm" while you're in the Commons, or try to complete the quest when there aren't so many people playing.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven