Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you use a 2 player mount?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
What are the steps to using a 2 player mount? I recently won the Skyvern in a pack, I have never used a 2 player mount before and I'm not sure how it works.

Delver
May 29, 2009
First off you have to make sure the second rider (passenger) has friended the first rider (driver).
Second you have to both join into a group.
Third the passenger has to unequip their current mount.
Fourth the passenger walks up to the mount and presses "X" in order to hop on.

Lastly, and most important, the passenger just lets the driver steer. Do NOT try to hit any of your arrow or ASWD buttons or you will wind up standing on the curb while the mount is in motion. You can still press "X" to pick up items or to enter a dungeon. After each battle or dismount, the passenger will need to get back onto the mount or else they will wind up on foot.

The multi-passenger mounts are really great for wizards working on the same quest but even more so for those of us who like to dual/triple/quad box. I like to use my Hydra mount (3 passenger) when I'm quad boxing since I don't have to worry about walking each wiz or doing multiple teleports.

Good luck and congratulations on winning your mount!

~SM~

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 14, 2018 wrote:
What are the steps to using a 2 player mount? I recently won the Skyvern in a pack, I have never used a 2 player mount before and I'm not sure how it works.
You have to be in a group for it to work. So if you're on the mount, another person in your group can go on the mount by going near you and pressing X. The person who is trying to mount can't be on a mount. Works the same for mounts that can carry more than 2 people.