Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
So we know this is pretty big debate in the community. How difficult should the game be? Some people like it how it is, some people want the game easy, and others want a difficult game. Well this could solve this debate, the Difficulty option.

Basically maybe in the Gameplay Settings or somewhere you could choose between Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty. Or another thing what they could do is have designated realms so lets say Ambrose could be Normal and Greyrose could be Hard, something like that.

And obviously if you play on Easy i think that the drops, gold, and xp can be lowered down, and if you play on Hard you will get better rewards.

Well thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have any suggestions or questions just let me know.
~Thanks, Justin

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Define Easy and Hard.

Those are highly subjective terms. I personally found the Jade Oni to be a VERY difficult boss. However my nephew when helping me out took it out in four rounds.

Last night my normal questing party (Life, Ice, Fire, Balance) got completely stomped for the very first time. Tower of the Helephant. This is the first Dungeon I've come across where I've seen a party of four get completely squashed. That would be hard.

Not to pop your bubble or mock your suggestion but W101 is very balanced with Easy & Hard spread across all seven schools. There are places where one can solo to their hearts content and others where a questing party is a must.

But to have an Easy and Hard difficulty level? How do you define that by each player across the whole game?

Please, offer some suggestions.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I agree with that idea! In addition, I feel like we should get a better story line if a certain task will be difficult. It's kind of like a reward in a way.

KI is already doing this it's just that they need to do more of it.
Jack Legend

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Area51Alien on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
Define Easy and Hard.

Those are highly subjective terms. I personally found the Jade Oni to be a VERY difficult boss. However my nephew when helping me out took it out in four rounds.

Last night my normal questing party (Life, Ice, Fire, Balance) got completely stomped for the very first time. Tower of the Helephant. This is the first Dungeon I've come across where I've seen a party of four get completely squashed. That would be hard.

Not to pop your bubble or mock your suggestion but W101 is very balanced with Easy & Hard spread across all seven schools. There are places where one can solo to their hearts content and others where a questing party is a must.

But to have an Easy and Hard difficulty level? How do you define that by each player across the whole game?

Please, offer some suggestions.

Steven Ghoststalker
Hey there, thank you for writing this because I read over my post again I realize that I forgot some key components to this.

Basically what I was thinking was that for a "easy" mode all mobs and bosses would lose 25% of their health between Wizard City and Dragonspyre since those are not the hardest worlds out of all of them. And there can be exceptions for the big bosses at the end of worlds maybe they could lose between 35%-45% of their health.

And for all of the other worlds i was thinking mobs could still lose 25% of their health while bosses could lose 40%, and some of the major bosses like Medulla or Grandfather Spider could lose 50% of their health.

As for the "hard" option I would say that all enemies health could be multiplied by either 150% or 175% throughout the entire game. And maybe some additional cheats could be added to cheating bosses.

Yes I do know the game is pretty balanced out, but through social media and forums i see that some people would like the game to be harder and other people would like it be a bit toned down. For example when Mirage came out a lot of people complained about how hard it was, but after the world was nerfed a lot of people were complaining about how Mirage is too easy now. And also this could help people who want to speed through the entire game or if they want better rewards for questing.

If you have anymore suggetions/comments/ideas let me know.

Thank you, ~Justin

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Realms having difficulties level modes: Easy, Moderate; Hard, Challenging is an awesome idea but wouldn't KI have to do a complete overhaul on the game? It's like starting over. If KI can pull it off, that would take care of all the difficulty complaints.