Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just starting Avalon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
After tirelessly being up for a good 12 hours to finish off the last of Zafaria with some friends I found on the same quest (Thank you, wouldn't have made it without them, that's for sure) I begin my next adventure in Avalon! Heard the gear here would be marvelous and looking forward to it. Any tips for death school in Avalon?

Level 73 death Christina SparkleDreamer

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just a disclaimer.

Avalon is twice as long as Zafaria. So, you can start drinking coffee from now to stay up :P

Also, as you'd expect, the difficulty level rises, so don't expect to breeze through the world as you probably did Zafaria.

Gear - Now, you mentioned gear. I'd assume you've your Waterworks gear still equipped, but I would recommend the crafting gear available in Dun Dora (Area in Avalon). So, ensure you've completed the Crafting Quest in Zafaria!

Predict - Mobs here tend to use rank 4 and over spells, the bosses in particular (especially the ones you've to face to gain spells tend to critical often and fizzle less). Knowing this, predict their next move based on their pip count and counter it effectively.

Decks - Have two decks if you haven't already. A small deck especially for mob battles with the basic charms, wards and AoE's.

Learn Deer Knight - If you haven't already, take the necessary steps to learn a very useful spell to , Deer Knight. The crafting recipe is available from Grady, an NPC that appears after defeating the Formidable Giant (Boss in the Wyrd),

Do Sides - Optional, but some sides lead up to spell rewards. Don't avoid them, instead, do them!

Go First in Boss Battles - Boss battles especially myth mobs (who enjoy using Medusa, Basilisk on the first turn) can be greatly annoying combating from second. Instead, gain the upper hand and go first in these battles if you can. However, if you want a challenge, then stick to second. Just apply the tip about predicting I mentioned earlier.

Pet - A good resistance and/or healing pet helps!

Good Luck!