Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kaliklak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2017
How do you defeat Kaliklak the very first boss you fight in Khrysalis. It's impossible since it is a solo because no friends can port. How do the creators and admins expect us to defeat a 15,000 health boss on our own? I don't understand why there are some battles that you can't have friends help you. It makes no sense. So what should I do?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's been a long time since I fought this guy, but here is a thread with advice for fighting him with a Fire and then later, with an Ice.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/khrysalis/how-do-you-defeat-kaliklak-in-khrysalis-8ad6a4265968bf7401599f52f8355bb0

In general, you want to get rid of the minions ASAP. Then, heal if you need to. Next, start working on the boss. Get a prism on him as soon as possible. He loves to set up shields a lot so use your Steal Shield option to take out his tower shields and protect yourself at the same time. You can also try using Infallible to help pierce through.

If all else fails, sometimes a crowns henchman will help take the pressure off. The ones I prefer are level 70 Fire Lion (to burn through shields) or the level 70 Life Gorilla (to help with healing and occasional hits). I think they're down to 75 or 100 crowns, which amount you can easily earn from doing Daily Assignments.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Fiona Frostweaver

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
It's called pack a better deck.

The reason the first boss is hard is because Khrysalis it'self is hard enough. There is a tradition that at the beginning of every world, you do some solo battles just to show what your up against, you can't always rely on team up mode:/. Think of the battles as a friendly warning as to whats to come. As for your deck, I suggest you go a little defensive, kill the minions first then work on the boss, maby tower shield yourself every now and then and heal. If that doesnt work, just summon a minion from the crown shop :), that always helps. Good luck though!.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
the last time i did that boss was like 2 years ago but anyway, really i just relied on critical for high damage, it isn't that hard, but also try to keep yourself alive

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
dean123463 on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
How do you defeat Kaliklak the very first boss you fight in Khrysalis. It's impossible since it is a solo because no friends can port. How do the creators and admins expect us to defeat a 15,000 health boss on our own? I don't understand why there are some battles that you can't have friends help you. It makes no sense. So what should I do?
I don't know what you're doing but I solo'd him pretty easily and I'm an Ice wizard. Put stun block on you because he's going to use frost giant anytime. Prism, stack blades, hex and curse. Don't use ice trap because with prism it deals fire damage. I would use feint, but I didn't have it at the time and 30/40% damage to you would be terrible for you, but if you can survive then good.

This is what I had on me
40% Iceblade
50% Iceblade Sharpened
40% Iceblade Pet Talent
45% Iceblade Athame Jewel
35% Elemental Blade
45% Elemental Blade Sharpened
----------------------------------------------
With Ice prism, TC Hex and Curse. Plus Colossal Frost Giant you'll have enough damage to finish Kaliklak and his goons. If he towers, use any DoT spell on him, I used frostbite to get rid of any towers he had. I tried to finish him as fast as possible, so I didn't even tower or heal. I took only damaging spells, blades and traps.

I wouldn't really worry about the minions, I mean they're pretty awful and barely do any damage to me anyways so just keep stacking blades, heal up or tower and "One Tap" them all out of existence.

God bless Ice wizards for their natural high health and gear choices which gives them more health and resist. Any other school you might want to take satyr or towers. I just started part 2 of Khrysalis and I'm doing fine soloing every boss. Let's just be glad that Kiliklak isn't a cheat boss. :^)