Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have gun...will travel

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Most of you guys are too young to remember that show where the main character's name was Paladin. Anyway....don't know if it's related to the present glitches some of us have reported. Dragonspyre is included in that mess. Creatures walking through my duel circle. Terrorwings stopping so close behind me their wings are covering my cards when they come up. And now here's another one. The Gallium Pallidan is MIA. My quest arrow led me to the middle of the street. I thought maybe he was walking with his minions but the quest square says it's a dungeon. I was supposed to retrieve some ugly guy's staff for him so I could get a portal stone. No joy. Now I gotta start that whole instance over again. So am I losing my mind?

Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 49 Storm

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Stuff like you've described happens when the internet connection is lagging or broken. KI has reported intermittent DDOS attacks lately, so that could be the reason your connection is faulty. Their servers are under attack and dropping us because there's too much traffic and the connections get clogged.

The Gallium Paladin is an Ice boss who roams around the back area of the Labyrinth. Defeating him is, unfortunately, part of the quest. The "ugly guy" (LOL) is the former Dean of Admissions at Dragonspyre Academy and you need to get the portal stone from him in order to continue in Dragonspyre.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Mobs walking through buildings etc. occurs when there's a dip in:

Frame Rate
Connection Speed

Or you simply just lost connection/loosing connection.

Now about the Gallium Paladin. Your quest pointer isn't ideally incorrect. The boss is roaming the streets (and not in a particular instance/building). He's usually at the south east of the map, around the Greyback Trollkins and Barbarian Spirits.

It's even possible to get two of the same boss in the same fight o:

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you, thank you. The other targets in the cleaning up part were roaming so I thought that was probably true of Gallium. After the second time in there and not finding him is when I started to wonder. And since the dungeon is halfway done at that point I can't just pop in to check if he's around. I pay for a high connection speed but anything's possible. In the middle of the current issues I've been reading about you must have your hands full. If nothing else, my storm wizard being idle gave me a chance to run my Death girl. She's looking for a hound of her own now.

Thanks again
Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 49 Storm