Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

IP Banned?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
So yesterday I was trying to get on so I could garden for double gardening rewards and I can't log on from my computer but I can if on a friend's computer. I think I might've been IP banned but I don't know why. Along with that when I use a VPN I can join but I don't wanna constantly use a VPN for wizard101. Is there anything you can do? Please respond quick, I already don't think I'll be able to make it in time for double gardening XP, and it already happens so rarely :(

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
my advice is to basically contact and support to KI, if this keeps happening often, my guess is that your computer is old, but if this happened now, then contact KI if you did something wrong based on your actions you should email to kingsisle, here is how:
1. go to wizard101.com

2. sign into your account, up to left or right corner top, you will see contacts support, or use help & support either, will work, and it will pop up help & support page, scroll down and click CONTACT SUPPORT, or just keep scrolling down and you will see: contact us, so click that or basically go to MY ACCOUNTS and it will show up right or left corner top, CLICK HERE TO CONTACT SUPPORT,

3. go to CONTACT US, it will show up when you click contact support.

4. pick a category and write in the question box of whats happening or what you've been experiencing AND MOST IMPORTANTLY PICK WHICH SUBJECT

5. include much info, the more info you include the more KI will solve the issue quickly, KINGSISLE will never ask your password, and your credit information!

6. so basically include: the account name-might mean user(i think) the character name, as much information about what you encountered as you can.

7. use attached documents of what you encounter so KI will solve this issue quickly

this is not my advice whats so ever, i created this, but this all goes too: KINGSISLE i searched in game help & support just to help you

Survivor
May 05, 2010
Hi, Wizard101 has been experiencing more DDOS attacks from Pigeon Patrol. Some people are able to go on, but some aren't. That's why you are not able to get on your computer, but your friends computer can log in to Wizard. If you use a VPN, it counteracts the DDOS. Hope this helped!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dcannon121 on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
So yesterday I was trying to get on so I could garden for double gardening rewards and I can't log on from my computer but I can if on a friend's computer. I think I might've been IP banned but I don't know why. Along with that when I use a VPN I can join but I don't wanna constantly use a VPN for wizard101. Is there anything you can do? Please respond quick, I already don't think I'll be able to make it in time for double gardening XP, and it already happens so rarely :(
Keep trying to login. I've noticed that it takes a few attempts for it to work (it appeared that changes were made to the launcher after the DDoS attacks). After logging in (after experiencing the same issue as you) I haven't had that login issue again.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jan 14, 2018 wrote:
Keep trying to login. I've noticed that it takes a few attempts for it to work (it appeared that changes were made to the launcher after the DDoS attacks). After logging in (after experiencing the same issue as you) I haven't had that login issue again.
Nevermind. Just experienced this same issue today.

Although you should still get in after trying a few times, it seems the problem won't totally go away after a success.