Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to use Ice King Artorius effectively?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Since Lord of Winter & Mammoth are much more powerful, when is it good to use this spell?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Honestly, I find this spell pretty useless. With the high amount of pips needed and the fact that the damage is so low and is only a single target, compared to other spells you'd have in your arsenal (some you mentioned), the spell makes no sense. It's a bad trade off.

Sure, it gives a pip and a Icespear, but I'd rather an Iceblade instead and a power pip. A topic for another discussion.
At that point in the game, not gaining Power Pips can be your detriment.

In fact, I don't use any of the King Artorius spells, on any of my wizards, they're never added to my spell deck for the reasons I noted earlier.

You can do more damage with two enchanted Wyverns for the same amount of pips!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Well, the Balance version of King Artorious leaves a 40% weakness, which I actually have found to be a literal life saver. Also, it's a potent hit for Balance that can effectively use a feint, compared to Chimera which is painfully useless at such a high pip cost.

Also, my Storm is using it a lot in Khyrsalis because she kept getting killed when try to wait for Storm Owl. It's a potent spell, to be sure, but waiting for 10 pips was proving too dangerous. Anything that can shorten the length of exposure is what it takes to get a Storm out of a battle alive and Artorious hits for 1120, 1-2 rounds earlier than the Owl. (The 10% accuracy buff is thoroughly pointless, however.)

So not all of the Artorious spells are useless.

As for the Ice version, it does seem tragic that it only leaves a regular pip instead of a power pip. Not sure what KI was thinking there....

Alia Misthaven