Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Role Designation?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
It would be nice if there was a feature when entering the dungeon, where people have to choose their role. All too often I get groups where people will stand there and refuse to be the first in battle. An example from not too long ago:
A team of a 60 storm, 65 ice, and 80 death, no one would move until I - the storm - entered the fight first. Mind you in each battle I either died or was about to die, while the traditionally SUPPORTING roles refused to fight at all unless I went first - as the notoriously lowest health school and the lowest level. You might think this is an exceptional case, but this happens to me constantly. In longer dungeons, it is such a massive time killer when I only make it halfway through the dungeon before I refuse to spend any more gold on potions, because the people in the team are quite honestly not the nicest. I wouldn't go out of my way to write about it on the forums if it wasn't a very consistent and massive issue for me and others. A system where you choose roles, and honestly I'd support entering combat according to the roles chosen, is really warranted at this point.

I'm sure I'll hear the suggestion: Find friends.

I have friends, but they're not all on at the same time I am, and often aren't in fact. An mmo shouldn't require that I make a wealth of friends that are readily available any time I want to do a dungeon. What, then, would be the point of the "Team-Up" queue?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Agreed.

I can no longer count the number of times where I've gone to team-up and no one moved. Steven is a life wizard. He should be buried in the order so as to be able to heal others as needed. If your healer spends more time healing himself there's less healing for you.

I wish there were some way to assign roles in combat and have those roles take certain spots.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
I totally agree!

It's very annoying when doing a dungeon, it's impossible to know who will do what for the team. I think there should be 4 roles to choose from:

-Healer
-Attacker
-Support / Blades
-Traps / Wards
-Etc

Although, how would we choose these roles? Would it be when you do a team - up, when you enter the dungeon, maybe in the options? How would you choose? And, not to mention, how many people per role would there be? If you had a whole dungeon full of attackers, it would counter the need for roles.

But besides those points, I think this would be an amazing idea.

Sincerely,
Cori Skullblood, Level 78

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I love this idea, because I hate when people just stand there, especially in darkmoor when I just want to go through the dungeon as easily as possible. If we were able to see what roles each character has... like on the team up kiosk or something... so we could see what type of team we’re getting Into, that would be super efficient in my opinion.