Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet jewels

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2017
If I put a balance resist jewel on my pet at ancient, will the resist increase as I lvl my pet up? Do pet jewels work like pet talents?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yes, pet jewels that add a talent will get stronger as the pet levels up. Your pet's talents will max out about halfway to Epic, or maybe a little beyond half way depending on how high your pet's stats are.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
Sadly not, but you can just affix better jewels to the pet when you find better jewels.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
The pet jewel stats do go up as you level your pet. The best pet jewels come at higher pet levels though.....

Good luck pet training wizard!

Wolf LegendSword-LvL 125 Wolf LegendSword-LvL 8
Daniel BattleShade-LvL 123 Wolf LegendSword-LvL 6
Blaze NightRider-LvL 123 Sloan Bear-LvL 1
Michael ShadowStaff-LvL 123 Marcus WildStaff-LvL 1
Blaze NightFlame-LvL 123Patrick Star-LvL 1
Carlos GhostDust-LvL68
Blaze MythRider-LvL 34

Explorer
May 23, 2017
If i wait till mega to put an unbalancer jewel on my pet, will the jewel stat be the the best it can be? Or should I attach the jewel at epic? Im fearful of my pet failing at mega and i dont want to waste the unbalancer jewel on it if it does.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
The stats given with a jewel will not change no matter the age of your pet. However, some jewels cannot be affixed until your pet reaches a certain age or until your wizard reaches a certain level.

Explorer
May 23, 2017
DaisySee on Jan 14, 2018 wrote:
The stats given with a jewel will not change no matter the age of your pet. However, some jewels cannot be affixed until your pet reaches a certain age or until your wizard reaches a certain level.
So I can wait until mega to affix the jewel and it will still get the highest balance resist possible with the jewel?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
quintesson77 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
So I can wait until mega to affix the jewel and it will still get the highest balance resist possible with the jewel?
Yes. Jewel talents work the same as the ones from the pet. The strength of stat-boosting talents depends on the pet's attributes -- strength, intelligence, agility, will, power -- so the jewel will work the same way regardless of when you add it, as long as those attributes are filled.

Explorer
May 23, 2017
Ok, so ranked my pet to mega and it didn't fail and when I wanted to affix my unbalance jewel, it got 9% balance resist. Should I have put the jewel on the pet at epic?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Putting the jewel on earlier or later will have no impact on the total resist it ends up with. That, is determined entirely by your pet's stats.

The three stats that influence resists are: Strength, Agility and Power. If any of those is below 230, you will get 9% instead of 10%.

Alia Misthaven