Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grendelweed sunstone, and blood moss

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2017
Could you tell me places to farm grendelweed sunstone and blood moss easily? I'm not past celestial fyi. I finished wintertusk fyi.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Your best bet is gardening.

First, for all three reagents, try Fickle Pickles. You can buy them for gold in Wizard City and they do tend to self seed easily if you attend to them regularly. Plant 7 in a tight circle so they are easier to care for. They have every need there is at first, but after a day or so they become easier to manage. From them you can get treasure card blades (useful to keep or to resell for 250 each!). And, you will get many rare reagents, including the three you asked for:

Acorn
Aether
Ancient Scroll
Aquamarine
Bloodmoss
Diamond
Fire Blossom
Fossil
Frost Flower
Golden Pearl
Grendelweed
Lava Lily
Nightshade
Pearl
Sandstone
Shell
Spring
Sunstone

Fickle Pickle is the only plant that drops Grendelweed. To get some faster, try gathering. Look for Frost Flowers in Grizzleheim. Best location is the lake inside the caves of Mirkholm Keep.

For Blood Moss, try Pink Dandelions. They drop easily from the blue mander servants in Krokotopia's Sphinx. Pink Dandelions are easy to care for and reseed themselves at elder. They drop Blood Moss, Black Pearls, Ancient Scrolls and Lava Lily. Or, you can go to any place where Red Mandrake spawns. I used to run through Firecat Alley, Colossus Blvd and the Haunted Cave. Also, you can find it in the Floating Land of Celestia.

For Sunstone, you can garden from Maelstrom Snap Dragons (drop from Mooshu on up, or buy them for gold in Mooshu). Three other crowns plants also drop sunstone: King Parsley, Evil Magma Peas, or Deadly Helephant Ears.

To gather them, you will need to hunt directly for Sandstone but the only location you can reach is the Science Center of Celestia. Otherwise, sandstone drops from Stone Blocks. Best places for Stone Blocks are Krokotopia, all over the place. Just run the hallways of the Pyramid, Sphinx and Tomb of Storms, and you'll find plenty of Ore and Stone Blocks. It takes 15 sandstone to transmute one sunstone.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I get a lot of rare reagents from feeding my pets my unwanted clothes, housing items, and plants. I have gotten grendleweed, bloodmoss, sunstone, springs, scrap iron, I have even gotten leather straps, black pearls, nickel nuggets and tungsten.
You should also try to farm Wysteria for your stone blocks, they are everywhere there also.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
if your going to garden for your reagents as some of the other players have suggested, be prepared to spend a lot of energy on your plants. The plants will take all your energy in the morning, unless you have a very small garden. If your trying to train pets the plants will take all your energy and you will either have to wait until it refills again or buy more with crowns.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
My main problem is getting sunstone and I farm dragons but it’s still an extraordinary chandce

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I started a storm wizard and just started a small pot garden on pink dandelions . Whenever I they harvest I usually get one blood moss or spring or gold from them. So if you need a lot of blood moss I would start a small garden of pink dandelions. I was pretty surprised that they harvested blood moss as I needed them also.