Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which creatures do you wish you could collect?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
And idea about mixing monstrology and a mount.

I don't know if this is possible but as I've mentioned above I am collecting the dragons in the game. One thing I would love to see is turning one of these dragons into a mount. Now I know there are literally thousands of different creatures in the game. So yeah it would be crazy to conceive the idea that they could all be mounts. However there are only about a dozen dragons in the game that you can collect. Would it be too far-fetched to be able to turn one of these dragons into a mount. Just an idea.

Mark Dragonlance L125 Archmage Monstrologist

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Hello! I've collected several unique and interesting creatures, and I want even more, so here are a few.

Sharks

Goblins

Golems

Horses

And Crabs. Definitely Crabs

Brian WaterSpear Level 125

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
If they don't already have one they should make a cat one

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
If you could get the eagles from Aquila that would be really cool to.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Extract Pox (for the minions of loremaster) because it has one of the FEW healing only minions. Granted, it wont last very long at really high levels, but still

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I want all the new myth creatures from the aero planes. Do it KI, Do it. I want'a snipe!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Extract Aquilean (im storm and i want so much sirens house guest from atlantea)
Extract Elementals (the boulders elemental of each school on empyrea and mirage)
and extract for all the others creatures on w101

Kane GoldenFlamme, New storm titan

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
supersaiyanunlimit... on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
I posted about this in another thread, but I really would like the Loremaster.
I only really do Monstrology for the house guests, and I'm very proud of the library I've set up. The Loremaster would be perfect there.

There's also a lot more species of monsters that would make fun house guests.
Here's a few I wouldn't mind:

Goblins
Kroks
Spiders (Because let's face it, even before Morganthe re-awoke the Spiral was crawling (hehe) with them)
Giants (Including but not limited to trolls, cyclopes, and minotaurs)
Cowfolk
Fairies

I get that a fair few of these are a little world-specific, but tell me, when have you seen a parrot outside of Azteca?

Also, we gotta have the wyrm animus extend to Draconians. They look awesome, and I'd really like some bipedal non-undead guards. I'm not really a fan of polar bear, and the undead draconians don't smell too good, you know?
Don't know if anyone ever responded, but Loremaster is undead and extracted. I have four of her in my Monstrodome.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
Webmetz on Feb 22, 2018 wrote:
I think it makes sense to be able to capture
  • Elemental - Summoned Servants. Makes sense that could capture them. I would put Capture Elemental in Krokotopia.
  • Construct - (This would cover Golem / Robot) - Constructed Servants, makes sense that we could capture them.
  • Demon - Again, demons are summoned. Makes sense that we could capture them. I would put this in Mooshu.
  • Plant - (This would cover Treant / Plant) - Change Capture Treant to Capture Plant
  • Fish
  • Crab
  • Bird (This would cover Ghulture / Bird / Other Bird / Owl / Penguin / Parrot.) Change Capture Parrot to Capture Bird
  • Bug (This would cover Ant / Bee / Beetle / Hornet / Mantis / Millipede / Moth / Prawn / Scorpion / Scarab / Spider / Spider Mage ) - Honestly they should make bug as a parent classification for these creatures. I would put capture Bug in Krokotopia.
You forgot Grendel! Everyone forgets Grendels! All the Winterbane bosses are Grendels except Jokul and Axebreaker.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2017
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
We need human/wizard monstrology spells. I want evil Ambrose. Also I want Malistaire.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
You know, KI said that might be doing some new monstrology extracts on the KI live. As an avid monstrological collector (Roughly 130 different House Guests and counting), I find this news very exciting. May I make some suggestions?

Crabs. Learned in Celestia.

Goblins (Includes Red Caps and Skirkers). Learned in Avalon.

Elementals, separated into Fire, Water, and Rock extracts. Learned from Dragonspyre, Celestia, and Krokotopia respectively.

And maybe a whole lot more!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2018
Riverclaw guards cuz they look cool and have a ton of hp, field guards, because the harvest Lord sucks and uhhh Lord nightshade maybe? Or can I not get animus from boss's?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
AWRgamer on Mar 14, 2019 wrote:
Riverclaw guards cuz they look cool and have a ton of hp, field guards, because the harvest Lord sucks and uhhh Lord nightshade maybe? Or can I not get animus from boss's?
The Harvest Lord and Lord Nightshade are already collectable, through Extract Undead. (yes, you can extract Animus from bosses.)

And yes, now I want Riverclaw Guards! But until then, sate your appetite with Yogash in Celestia. He's a biiiiit hard to get, but I found it worth it!

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello fellow monstrologist,

Yes you can collect animus from bosses. The only thing is you can not create a dispel card from it. You can however create both summon monster & create house guest. Good luck.

Mark Dragonleaf L130
Mark Shadowleaf L130
Mark Ravenleaf L103

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I think Lord Nightshade is Undead, so couldn't you collect his animus with the undead animus spell?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Honestly I would prefer that they fix the tome before adding any new creatures, it gets worse and worse every time they add something, it is impossible to complete there are just too many errors at this point.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
Honestly I would prefer that they fix the tome before adding any new creatures, it gets worse and worse every time they add something, it is impossible to complete there are just too many errors at this point.
I don't know what you're talking about. Is there an error with the Monstrodome?

Community Leader
Lookit Light on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about. Is there an error with the Monstrodome?
There are too many missing creatures. I believe you cannot complete at least half the lists, due to these bugs. Other bugs also include non-repeatable creatures added to monstrology, and creatures incorrectly marked as bosses / minions.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Golems. As someone who role-plays in their head as a bit of, well... a gearhead. It irks me that there are no golem animus. I would decorate one of my castles with soooo many constructs its not even funny. Golems patrolling outside the entryway to my homes, along ramparts of castles, the idea is just so tantilizing that makes me angrier and angrier realizing I can't.

Honorable mentions include Elementals (including colossi), Giants (including minotaurs, cyclopes, and trolls), Spiders, and Crabs (Though crabs are the least desired given theyre in crab alley and celestia and thats about it).

It really annoys me how narrow so many of these extraction spells are. Literally the only one thats globally useful is the one you start with. You'd think such a fun mechanic would support all schools and styles, but if you dont like undead, or need an ally in an element besides death, youre out of luck

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
Golems. As someone who role-plays in their head as a bit of, well... a gearhead. It irks me that there are no golem animus. I would decorate one of my castles with soooo many constructs its not even funny. Golems patrolling outside the entryway to my homes, along ramparts of castles, the idea is just so tantilizing that makes me angrier and angrier realizing I can't.

Honorable mentions include Elementals (including colossi), Giants (including minotaurs, cyclopes, and trolls), Spiders, and Crabs (Though crabs are the least desired given theyre in crab alley and celestia and thats about it).

It really annoys me how narrow so many of these extraction spells are. Literally the only one thats globally useful is the one you start with. You'd think such a fun mechanic would support all schools and styles, but if you dont like undead, or need an ally in an element besides death, youre out of luck
You've got your wish! Spiders and Golems are coming to Monstrology in the latest update!

I IS HYPED!

Look for Monstrologist Burke in Krokotopia to learn them.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Lookit Light on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
You've got your wish! Spiders and Golems are coming to Monstrology in the latest update!

I IS HYPED!

Look for Monstrologist Burke in Krokotopia to learn them.
Wait, what? This is awesome! Too bad my monstrologist isn't on test...

I would love to extract trolls and cyclops!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I hope cats will be the next one to be released soon. I want to collect Katzenstein for my Collection.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
StrongEverhart on Apr 18, 2019 wrote:

Trolls: Look for Simon the Sayer in Sunken City.

Cyclops: Look for Pike Spiritcrusher or Fallen Merc in Royal Hall and Zarathax's Tower respectively.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
StrongEverhart on Apr 18, 2019 wrote:

Okay, now that the update's live I call upon the Monstrology Club to GO CRAZY WITH THE COLLECTING THINGS! Spiders and Colossi, here I come!