Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

difference in "may cast"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
me and my friend has same pet - night mare. but his pet does "may casts" but mine does not.
my pet is an ancient. when his pet was ancient it did "may cast" but mine doesn't.
plz tell the reason.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Each pet has ten possible talents it can develop, and often what talent your pet gets is randomly drawn from the ten possible.

One way you can still get the Unicorn talent, if your friend is willing, is to hatch your Nightmare with his (or hers). Hatching will give you each another Nightmare and hopefully their pet will pass on it's active Unicorn talent to your new Nightmare baby.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, this talent in particular is usually triggered when the pet owner sustains damage. Random triggers may also occur when the player does damage.

But, please note that the age of the pet does not affect the probability/chances of any form of may cast talents being triggered nor does saying "Good Boy" or "Good Girl"

Those are both highly believed myths.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
Survivor
Jun 04, 2016
Training a pet is based entirely on luck and chance. A pet has a total of ten talents it can learn, but it can only learn five of these talents. Your friend may have gotten lucky and got a maycast on his pet and you didn't. Just because you level them up to the same level, doesn't mean they will have the same talents. Think about it like this: You have a bag with 10 different colored marbles in it, and you are only able to grab five marbles total. If you and your friend both had one bag each (with ten marbles in each bag) you could both get different colored marbles.

Hope this helps!!!

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

Welcome to the forums! ~

Your pet may not have the ability to, "maycast" spells! Or if you keep leveling up your pet to mega or ultra, it may eventually get the maycast ability.

If your pet DOES have the ability, then you may just be really unlucky. Pet maycasts occur not that often. (Unless there's a trigger for it).

Hope I helped in some way!
Jack Legend

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017