Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I . Love how life can be a powerful healer, as well as a strong hitter with good gear. Life can jade, be support, or hit. Life is my top favorite school. I like it's spells and the overall calming aura surrounding the life school in Ravenwood. Fire and storm take the second and third favorite schools for me.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Okay, I've been waiting for this question to pop up for a while, and I wanted to post it, but I decided to comment on it, so DON'T JUDGE ME! Especially for my answer.

My favorite school would have to be balance, and in my opinion, that would be the best school.

I do have a few reasons for this being my favorite school. One of them is the fact that it contains all of the elements, and you can get the blades and the traps from Niles for free.

The other reason why it would have to be the best school would have to be the fact that it has spells that can decrease accuracy and damage at the same time.

What's not to like about balance?

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Well, in my opinion, it would be Life. You can heal yourself effectively in a tight spot, but you also have the potential to do a lot of damage.
My second favorite's Storm because of high damage, but you have to use blades and traps right away if you want to kill something in one hit and not die. Thus requiring a small deck.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
In all honesty, I love Myth the most. Myth may not be the best, but with a life mastery and Satyr I can pretty much solo most storyline quests. It isn't the strongest, but it can hit pretty well. It can also be used as support as it works well enough as a shield remover and can blade as well as any class except for Balance. In terms of PvP, it's only as good as the person who uses it is.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
I have decided to try either a or because I have never done one before. But do you think I could just run through the game with no side quests but still get a good sense for the school?! thanks! Please replay to me soon with info.

Jessica Firespear

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
I personally like fire. it was the first school i jointed and the attacks are pretty good. I like how a lot of it's spells are long term and give you time to get your pips back while still attacking. I like to use those balance blades along with a fire blade and a fire trap on my enemy and the sun spell from Celestia monstrous on my attacks and Amplify on myself. all of these make my attacks do much more damage which is great and when I critical they obviously do a ton of damage if I have all of these. That being said, I don't know if this was the same for everyone but it was a bit challenging at first and got better once I got the dragon spell and even better when i got the rest so I solo a lot and I wouldn't say its too hard. But before I got dragon I usually had to get at least one person to help me with quests. I'd say its a pretty good school to start with ( in my opinion ) but not the easiest. My suggestions are getting good gear, with good gear your damage gets even better (not to mention your resistance as well) and getting the spells I mentioned earlier. I don't know much about other schools since I am still working on my fire and i'm currently level 85 so you can choose how heavily or lightly you want to take my advice. But I have been playing for six years ( took me a while to get a membership) but every school of course has it's advantages and weaknesses. One more thing before i finish this reply, fire does have a very minor healing spell which comes in handy because it is also a damage spell but I still recommend getting Satyr from life. Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
Personally, I have only played a character due to the fact that I can heal. The early spells may not hit as hard as things from , but I gained equipment later that boosted the chance of having a power pip so, almost every time, I entered battle, I was able to at the very least cast a Trent on round one. By level 44, which is what I am at now, I am able to cast a Seraph right off the bat. Life is good for both solo and teaming up, solo you can focus more on attack and only worry about healing yourself, while life students are needed to keep a team up and running during long, hard battles. Pair with as a secondary and you'll get more health than you'll know what to do with.

Autumn Silverleaf Level 44

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
I think that when it comes to hero support
is great for healing,
is great for giving defenses,
is great for doing a ton of damage ending a duel quickly
is great for summoning extra help

is great for power boosting

I don't know what to call and

Survivor
Feb 21, 2018
Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Storm obviously.
It takes a high level of intelligence to understand fizzling and getting one shot

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
In My Opinion The Best School is... (Drum role please..)

FIRE
In all honesty, this is the best school because of the damage rate and accuracy. While this might not be the best, it sure is better than storm, or life. This school offers damage, critical and accuracy a-plenty! However, any school is just fine. You may be a tank(like storm) or healer(like life). So it really just depends on your sense of taste. EX: While storm by itself, its not that good, but with an accuracy buff from life, it is suddenly really good! When people decide on an element/school, don go by what people say, but just decide if you like:
1.) Life-HEALER
2.) Storm-Tank/hitter
3.) Ice-Hitter/shield
4.) Fire-Hitter
5.) Myth-Hitter.
6.) Death-Hitter/Tank/Shield
10.) BALANCE-TANK/HITTER/SHIELDER/HEALER/VERSATILE
To sum up, pick any school that is ameanable to you, that describes you, or that you just like using to play your role as!

Eric ThunderCrafter
Level 85 Fire
"Why run, when you can fly?"
Happy Trails!

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Lol. Im level 90 now. However we just had a power outage and now my stats got reset back to 85. Just contacted KI. Hopefully they help ;D

Defender
May 23, 2009
My top 3:

1. . Playing as myth gives me the ultimate exprience to Wizard101. Between monstrology and minions there so much to do when playing as myth. Soloing as myth is extremely fun and rewarding. Granted myth takes patience to play. But if I'm paying for a game, I rather take my time and let journey be as long as possible then completing something faster.

2. . Funnest exprience when it comes to teams. It's funny how some only expects you to blade them and more casual players who say you can hit or do anything you like.

3. . I love the challenge when soloing as Life. The battle takes longer but I love it.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
TPG Miserie on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
My top 3:

1. . Playing as myth gives me the ultimate exprience to Wizard101. Between monstrology and minions there so much to do when playing as myth. Soloing as myth is extremely fun and rewarding. Granted myth takes patience to play. But if I'm paying for a game, I rather take my time and let journey be as long as possible then completing something faster.

2. . Funnest exprience when it comes to teams. It's funny how some only expects you to blade them and more casual players who say you can hit or do anything you like.

3. . I love the challenge when soloing as Life. The battle takes longer but I love it.
Life is my main and only school and most favorite beyond other schools because it has so much potential and different variety of settings to choose from like Heal, Tank or Bruiser aka raw damage tanks. So for a lot of people who are saying life are just healers are totally wrong lol. Just made it to 100 today got hungry pillar and it feels good.
As long as you get 100% damage and 50% resist you can solo any boss be that 20k or less, just wishing K I would listen to some life players about aoe damage where forever stuck with 1 trainable aoe raw damage potential excluding the useless swan.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2018
Here is my list from best to worst:

- The idea of attacking and healing is honestly fun. You don't have to rely on others to heal you when needed because you can kill while getting half of the health back. My favourite spell may be feint or wraith.
- I may have a soft spot for this school because this was my very first wizard's school. I like how I can solo but also team up and heal others and myself. Currently, my favourite spell would be satyr or life prism.
- This school has the highest health starting out but the attacks are somewhat weak when compared to fire or storm. I listed this school over them because of the accuracy is slightly better and because of the ability to tank.
- The accuracy is not the best, but it certainly is not as bad as storm. I like the damage spells that last overtime, but when you level up higher in the game, it does become frustrating to a certain degree with fizzles.
- The lowest health in the game starting out but has amazing damage if the accuracy helps any. I struggled with this one and eventually gave up because the lack of health was killing me and overall just was not a school I could be apart in unless it was a secondary or something.
- The only good thing I could say about this school is that you have the ability to summon a minion. However, each school is capable of doing the same thing just later on at higher levels. There really isn't anything special about this school and not worth training in.
- I absolutely do not like this school simply due to the fact that it is an average class with little to no structure. I have recently deleted my balance wizard and I do not regret it one bit. I think the only good thing that came from this school was the blades (level 20 and 25), sandstorm and reshuffle if you get that high in the game.

I did not add mainly because I never experienced them so I can't base them on anything.

Autumn DawnHeart (level 84 R.I.P.)
Matthew (level 29)
Kristen IceHeart (level 2)

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
While I have a soft spot in my heart for life, as my first wizard ever created was a life wizard. It's also a really good school because it's beneficial for both soloing and in groups!
However, I've come to terms with one thing... I love life, but there's one school I actually like a bit better than life...
Storm.
While I may use storm as a secondary school and not as a first, it is a very useful school. As long as you're not facing an enemy that is resistant to storm, it's by far the most powerful school in the game.
What it lacks in accuracy, health for your wizard, ect... It makes up for in sheer power. It can potentially be a game changer!
Not saying the others are bad, not at all! The others are great in their own manner! It all depends on how you play the game. But being a bit of a powerhouse in its own respect is fun

Also while we're at it... Shout out to the star school. Those auras can be surprisingly helpful in times of need.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Personally, I prefer Ravenwood over Pigswick

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jul 09, 2018
My personal favorite (and what I think is the best) school would be death. Now if I had to be honest, death really struggles in high level PvP. I know that for sure. But, it still shows quite a lot of promise and skill in the lower levels, such as adept or even magus. Alongside that, death is one of the best schools to solo quest on. And as a person who spends a lot of time working, it's nice not to have to try to find a questing partner or a high level to help me quest, because I can heal myself! Overall though, this is what I think of the Wizard101 schools:

Pvp (low level, mid level, max level):
- 8, 7, 8.5
- 7, 8, 9
- 5, 6, 5
- 6, 8, 8
- 7, 6, 5
- 9, 8, 7
- 8, 8, 8.5

Solo Questing (low level, mid level, max level):
- 6, 9, 8
- 4, 6, 7
- 6.5, 7, 8.5
- 5, 7, 8
- 7, 9, 8
- 8, 7, 7
- 7, 7, 7

This is 100% based on my own opinion and experience.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2018
School Favorites (Most to least)
Storm, Heavy Hitter with a luck based play-style in mid-game makes things interesting, was my first choice!
Life, Not as much as a heavy hitter until much later, but high heals and good tank
Death, Very easy solo gameplay, stocked up on Scarecrow TC's until 48
Balance, Balanced gameplay, but battles tend to last longer, early AoE makes things interesting
Ice, not my absolute favorite, but interesting gameplay when tanking
Myth, Some people say its the worst, but actually a really good challenge! Made Life as a secondary.
Fire, I made fire after storm, I never liked it. Gameplay is very uninteresting compared to Storm.
Im not saying some of the schools lower on the list are bad, I don't find them as fun as the other schools.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
I personally love Myth! My wizard is level 37 now, and she has an awesome myth pet. (Barkerville Hound.)

DreamSong

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Lennylegend800 on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:
School Favorites (Most to least)
Storm, Heavy Hitter with a luck based play-style in mid-game makes things interesting, was my first choice!
Life, Not as much as a heavy hitter until much later, but high heals and good tank
Death, Very easy solo gameplay, stocked up on Scarecrow TC's until 48
Balance, Balanced gameplay, but battles tend to last longer, early AoE makes things interesting
Ice, not my absolute favorite, but interesting gameplay when tanking
Myth, Some people say its the worst, but actually a really good challenge! Made Life as a secondary.
Fire, I made fire after storm, I never liked it. Gameplay is very uninteresting compared to Storm.
Im not saying some of the schools lower on the list are bad, I don't find them as fun as the other schools.
What are you talking about. Fire FTW! Lol.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Gee, a lot of you guys seem to be walking right over myth without giving it even the slightest bit of detail. Glad to see there are a few fellow conjurers out there, at least.

I am personally a Conjurer of Prodigious title currently, although I've played since Dragonspyre was the final world (as shown by my join date to the left here)

For starters, let's clear up that stereotype that Myth is NOT simply a "hide behind some minion and cower" school. While it may be true that we have the most minions spells, it does not by any means define the entirety of our school without any other features. In fact, Myth has tons of different utilities. To generalize us as simply minions and nothing more is like generalizing Ice with only shield spells and Fire as only DoT spells. Obviously neither of these are true. Of course, not many people play Myth enough to really know how much we flourish

We can sap away your shields and blades, stun you, steal one of your pips (celestial calendar), push DoT effects over to you via Shift (Sorry, wizards, no Heckhounding a true Conjurer) and even remove traps upon ourselves (can't feint a Myth wizard, you'll only end up with a trap on yourself). Myth wizards can even use spells that attack twice, making your shield game even harder should you somehow manage to shield after we shatter all your previous shields away.

Minions serve more to us than to hide behind their attacks. They're minions and "minions" for good reason. The Witch's Housecall Eggs serve their conjurers well with blades, shields, and even heals. And if we so desired, we can sacrifice these eggs for health or pips.

Now, is it the best school? Probably not. However, it is certainly worth more than the non-conjurers make it out to be. And.. besides.. Is any school truly the best? We all need each other in some way. There are obviously schools that some wizards favor more than others, but there's no real best school. Kingsisle by no means purposely puts one school more powerful than any other. There's a reason why test realms exist, not only to spot out huge bugs in new worlds, but also to maintain a fairer balance between the schools.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
Personally, my favorite school is death for multiple reasons:

1. I prefer soloing over questing with partners and being a death wizard makes that easy for me; especially when I got Lulu.
2. I don't need to worry about getting healing spells like satyr or unicorn because most of my hits give health back and that is a great bonus.
3. If you stack up enough blades and traps, the damage death can do is awesome.
4. We don't have to rely on other wizards to heal us like other schools do - ik my second point is kind of similar to this one but oh well.

Honestly I'm kind of shocked death isn't a favorite for many others and maybe I'm just being biased because death was my first school but it's just always been a favorite of mine.

(I also love the other schools as they all have their pros, but death will always be my favorite)

Calamity Singer, 103