Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor gear or Rattlebones Exalted gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
I have been wondering which is better Darkmoor gear or Rattlebones because I have been trying to get the kan davasi gear and still no luck I seem to get better luck from rattlebones.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I am a fire wizard and I personally think that Malistaire's Darkmoor gear is better than Rattlebones' robe. I have both robes and I use Darkmoor over Rattle.

Blaze Fireweave

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
The rattlebones robe and the darkmoor robe are right on par with each other. On my fire, I got tired of farming darkmoor so I just use the rattlebones robe. A good substitute for the hat is krokopatras Fez, and a decent substitute for the boots comes from Meowiarty exalted.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Bearstalker 125

Defender
May 30, 2010
pops648 on Jan 1, 2018 wrote:
I have been wondering which is better Darkmoor gear or Rattlebones because I have been trying to get the kan davasi gear and still no luck I seem to get better luck from rattlebones.
If you have a lot of time, I suggest Darkmoor since that has the better gear. But if you have limit time I suggest Rattlebones.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
rani9990 on Jan 1, 2018 wrote:
The rattlebones robe and the darkmoor robe are right on par with each other. On my fire, I got tired of farming darkmoor so I just use the rattlebones robe. A good substitute for the hat is krokopatras Fez, and a decent substitute for the boots comes from Meowiarty exalted.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Bearstalker 125
I got the robe the fez is a bit harder to get though I remember meowiarty being hard in the archmage duel to so I don't know about the boots I am thinking about getting cabal boots.

Quinn Battlecloud lvl 124

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
It really depends on your schools, now that darkmoor has been nerfed at least 3 times however, it is probably the easier option xD! If you look at the gear, there are certain trades offs between mali and exalted dungeon gear and these are different for every school, for example, ice loses a lot of accuracy

Look up the gear stats for each piece and decide from there!