Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polaris, four dungeons

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Are people doing the four dungeons, how does it help me in Polaris?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
What do I need for Polaris and beyond?

I have:

ALPHA AND OMEGA RING
ARMOR OF STARFROST
BLADE OF FELLED TITAN
DECK OF WINTER SHADOWS
LAUGHING CHACS TALISMAN
TRADERS WINTRY MANTLE
UNSEEN LORDS CHILL BOOTS
WARAXE OF OLD TIMES

I am always looking for the best gear for Ice.

Timothy Pearflower

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
What gear do I need to go to?

I have the Felled Titan blade, Alpha and Omega ring. Laughing Chac amulet. Unseen Lords Chill Boots, Traders WIntry Mantle, and ARMOR of Starfrost.

Timothy Pearlflower, L100 Ice

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
About 3 days ago, I returned after my computer took a major dump 29 December 2014.

I am in Polarios and am wondering if I should do the four dungeons, before continuing on in Polaris regarding the Flag quest (changing the flags from the Queen to the Penguins)?

Please advise me. If yes, let me know. I tried several times to best the Mol character before the end, and failed miserably. I realize that many people love soloing the game, but I hate using crowns to buy henchmen that spend most of the battles healing themselves and barely healing me.

Timothy Peaelflower, L102 Ice

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You should do Darkmoor through the second part, at the very least, because it will give you access to a shadow-pip spell that is very beneficial.

If you can get all the way through the third part of Darkmoor, the gear that drops from Malestaire is absolutely the very best in the game and well worth the pain of earning it.

On the other hand, gear dropped from Exalted Rattlebones (robe) and Exalted Krokopatra (hat) is also really good and sometimes easier to earn. Farming them is only one battle, rather than three or more at a time.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Do the Darkmoor Dungeon because if you haven't done it yet, it means you don't have Abonminable Weaver and that's not good.

The gear you need from there would be "____ of the Cold Hearted", Quarterstaff of the Cold Fury, and wolf's lancet of shivers. Your ring is fine and try to farm for the Morganthe amulet just for the extra blades.

This gear will last you till Empryea so it's pretty good!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Haven't been able to get past the second boss in castle darkmoor

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting through Darkmoor. If it's any consolation, I also struggled to complete that dungeon but persisted just so I could get the spell. This is a guide that I used to help me prepare for each battle.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?425973-Deck-the-Halls-A-Guide-to-Castle-DarkMoor-s-Upper-Halls

In the guide it says that the Spirit of Darkmoor will hit you with Leviathon and then revive her minion if you kill one of them. That is true. However, my friend and I learned by mistake that her cheat doesn't kick in if you 'accidentally' kill her minions using a Damage over Time (DoT) spell. If they stay alive in the round you cast your DoT, but then die a round or two later, she doesn't revive them. We noticed this when using Volcano, so hopefully your Snow Angel spell will give you the same advantage.

Another thing that can help you is waiting until you're level 110 or so, then train for Indemnity and Ageus from the Arcanum. Ageus protects your charms from one cheat removal cycle; Indemnity protects your traps and feints from one cheat removal cycle. Having these spells will make a huge difference.

This battle is extremely difficult to solo, to the point of being nearly impossible. It definitely becomes more bearable if you can find two or three other people to go in there with you.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
You just have to keep trying. Look up guides on duelist101 and use the team up option or find a couple of friends that won't mind doing the Upper Halls.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Freshta on Dec 30, 2017 wrote:
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting through Darkmoor. If it's any consolation, I also struggled to complete that dungeon but persisted just so I could get the spell. This is a guide that I used to help me prepare for each battle.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?425973-Deck-the-Halls-A-Guide-to-Castle-DarkMoor-s-Upper-Halls

In the guide it says that the Spirit of Darkmoor will hit you with Leviathon and then revive her minion if you kill one of them. That is true. However, my friend and I learned by mistake that her cheat doesn't kick in if you 'accidentally' kill her minions using a Damage over Time (DoT) spell. If they stay alive in the round you cast your DoT, but then die a round or two later, she doesn't revive them. We noticed this when using Volcano, so hopefully your Snow Angel spell will give you the same advantage.

Another thing that can help you is waiting until you're level 110 or so, then train for Indemnity and Ageus from the Arcanum. Ageus protects your charms from one cheat removal cycle; Indemnity protects your traps and feints from one cheat removal cycle. Having these spells will make a huge difference.

This battle is extremely difficult to solo, to the point of being nearly impossible. It definitely becomes more bearable if you can find two or three other people to go in there with you.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Thanks Alia,

I managed to get to the Arcanum world with the help of others, and am about to make the jump back home to check the daily assignment. Don't know when I will make the tour of Castle Darkmoor, but in the meantime, thank you for the link.

Timothy Pearlflower, L109 Ice