Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cinder And Smoke Fire Pet Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2013
Hi. I'm currently a level 62 pyromancer trying to do the Cinder And Smoke quest to get the phoenix pet for my character. I'm having serious trouble beating the bosses, and was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to beat it. The bosses are called Iceclaw and a Rank 10 boss and a Cold Drake which is a Rank 10 Elite. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I particularly remember having trouble with this boss once and giving up. Iceclaw is in fact fire, so put a few prisms in your deck. Make sure you have blades and such as well. Now here's some pointers:
As you quest through the game you notice enemies get lots of pips when a battle starts, and fire bosses usually like to hit right away with meteor, firezilla, colossus, or helephant. If you get the opportunity to go first, put on tower shield right away or fire shield (which blocks more of his attack damage than tower). Now, you have the time that the boss has run down his pips to prism him and blade up a little, along with traps (feint is okay as long as you shield soon after). Watch his pips, and when he gets enough for a possible hit (3-6 pips because fireshark is his weakest hit) add more shields. Attack on everyone can work for him, but since he has so much health you might want to consider buying treasure cards or adding more copies of single hit cards to your deck. After your first hit (if it isn't a one shot), you're going to want to save 2-4 pips to heal if you are low, or 1 for sprite. Before you hit again be sure he has prisms on him, that you don't have many debuffs, and that you have a decent amount of buffs.

Bottom line, I can't really explain the battle 100%, so you just have to watch his pips, shield frequently, and PRISMS! If you do hit with another school, that can work as well with feint, hex, balance blade ETC
For more info on him click the link below
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Iceclaw#axzz554JZCH4P

HOPE I HELPED A LITTLE!
~ Alexis & Fallon