Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon minion death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
I've heard and have definitely experienced it where if you are in a boss fight in a dungeon and kill the minion, but you die, you can just pot and port back and the minion will be dead. But I am in this one dungeon in Avalon, the blue dhalia's tower, to be specific, and that's not happening. Are there only certain dungeons this happens in? Thanks.

Talon Griffinshade 80

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
ReesesGuy on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
I've heard and have definitely experienced it where if you are in a boss fight in a dungeon and kill the minion, but you die, you can just pot and port back and the minion will be dead. But I am in this one dungeon in Avalon, the blue dhalia's tower, to be specific, and that's not happening. Are there only certain dungeons this happens in? Thanks.

Talon Griffinshade 80
My experience is if I am soloing and kill the minion but then die myself, when I port back in the minion is respawned unless my minion was still involved with the battle when i had to flee.

I have yet to see a minion stay dead unless I've left a minion of my own in the fight.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
ReesesGuy on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:

Talon Griffinshade 80
What you're describing is how my very first wizard, also a Myth, survived and managed to solo up to Grandmaster back in 2009. She would kill a minion and end up dying shortly afterwards, but always went back to find the minion gone so she could just focus on the boss.

Somewhere along the line, they've changed that.

Now when we go back, we face the whole battle all over again, including minions being respawned. Basically, it's not something we can count on any more.

Alia Misthaven
Miranda Willowglen