Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krampus Spell... I Have a Slight Problem

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
So today in he midst of my ventures in the Commons a kind soul randomly gifted me a 2017 Winter Wonder Pack, inside was the permanent Krampus spell, (I guess I'm just a lucky duck today/thank you random person for your act of kindness),

It's just Krampus is a spell, and I redeemed the gifted pack on my wizard who uses spells and has no real use for a spell, however my would be more than happy to have that Krampus spell card.

Sure, there are some spells you can craft like Catalan, Ninja Pigs, Goat Monk, etc..., but that does not encompass all the know "prize/pack spells".

Some of you might say "You have the Krampus spell you lucky duck, just be happy!". Thing is, there is no good cross classed gear (at least to my knowledge) that would make it an effective spell for my wizard to use. The only thing it's going to do about now is sit in my unused inside my spellbook and collect dust.

So I'm wondering is it possible we could create a way to transfer these kinds spells (the ones you can win from packs, the Loremaster, and other bosses) e.i. Krampus, Reindeer Knight, Deer Knight, Keeper of the Flame, Catalan, Sacred Charge, etc... between wizards on the same account.

We could make it so you could only move the spell into the shared bank once or once every 90 days like how it is with castles.

Or perhaps if you unlock one of these "prize" spells on one wizard it would unlock for all your other wizards on the same account.

Because I bet there are quiet a few people out there who have one or two spells from a pack and/or the Loremaster and it's on the wrong wizard and they don't get much use out of it because of that.

I want people's thoughts on the matter, and please tell me if your in a similar situation.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yeah, I have a Life wizard who won Catalan from Loremaster and it's the same story: amazing spell ... that is totally useless to her. And yet, on the same account, there is a Storm who would love to have it. (She's trying to craft it, but doesn't have enough amber yet.) At least Krampus is only 3 pips, so there might be an occasion where your Fire has a regular pip and then could use Krampus to break a shield. Catalan is five, so it's out of reach without a mastery amulet.

There probably is a good reason why they don't let us transfer the spells, but it would be nice to get them onto the wizard who can use them most. It might be a good compromise to let us designate the recipient in the moment that we win the spell.

I'm also pretty thrilled to hear that a random person gifted you a crowns pack out of the blue. What a generous and surprising act of random kindness!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
May 29, 2009
I think the only spells I have that are on the "right wizards" are the ones I went and specifically farmed that certain boss for. Like all but 2 of my fire wizards (5/7) have learned Burning Rampage. Luckily 7/7 Life wizards know Goat Monk, 6/6 Balance have Samoorai, and 6/6 Myth have Ninja Pigs. I have 4/7 Storm wizards who fought for Catch of the Day.

I feel your pain, though. because as I posted in another thread, I spent an entire weekend farming on my Myth just trying to get Athena Battlesight and Keeper of the Flame. Instead, she was lucky enough to get Krampus, Pigsie, Ninja Piglets, and Lord of Night so I just ended up crafting the myth ones. Tried to get Deer Knight on 4 Death wizards (already crafted on two) but my storm wiz got it instead Go figure! LOL

I think it would be great if we could transfer just so those certain spells that are "dropped" either by pack or Loremaster (and only her). The reason why I say only her is because she is the one who has such random drops. If you want to learn one of the other school specific spells then your wizard should have to work at it and be willing to suffer for it. This would make it so you don't just go in with your high level, powerful, super healing wizards to try for the drop, then just be able to transfer to a lower wiz (to use in PvP or blast through worlds). I think another condition would be that it should be a one time transfer and permanent, not like the houses where you can trade again in 3 months if you decide you don't like it. This would make people understand that they can't just delete a wizard and think they can just trade the spell to another. It's a one-time permanent thing.

I honestly doubt any of this happens but who knows maybe KI might consider it Here's to hoping!
~SM~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Most of us can relate here.

Personal experience aside, this sounds like a cool idea.

Maybe KI could implement it for a one day only type of situation for possibly members only?

I'm sure we'd see lots of renewals in that case

Doesn't have to be anytime soon, but still..

Think about it KI

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Freshta on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, I have a Life wizard who won Catalan from Loremaster and it's the same story: amazing spell ... that is totally useless to her. And yet, on the same account, there is a Storm who would love to have it. (She's trying to craft it, but doesn't have enough amber yet.) At least Krampus is only 3 pips, so there might be an occasion where your Fire has a regular pip and then could use Krampus to break a shield. Catalan is five, so it's out of reach without a mastery amulet.

There probably is a good reason why they don't let us transfer the spells, but it would be nice to get them onto the wizard who can use them most. It might be a good compromise to let us designate the recipient in the moment that we win the spell.

I'm also pretty thrilled to hear that a random person gifted you a crowns pack out of the blue. What a generous and surprising act of random kindness!

Alia Misthaven
They changed Krampus to a 4 pip spell, because people complained it was op at 3 pips.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
SorceressMiklai on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
I think the only spells I have that are on the "right wizards" are the ones I went and specifically farmed that certain boss for. Like all but 2 of my fire wizards (5/7) have learned Burning Rampage. Luckily 7/7 Life wizards know Goat Monk, 6/6 Balance have Samoorai, and 6/6 Myth have Ninja Pigs. I have 4/7 Storm wizards who fought for Catch of the Day.

I feel your pain, though. because as I posted in another thread, I spent an entire weekend farming on my Myth just trying to get Athena Battlesight and Keeper of the Flame. Instead, she was lucky enough to get Krampus, Pigsie, Ninja Piglets, and Lord of Night so I just ended up crafting the myth ones. Tried to get Deer Knight on 4 Death wizards (already crafted on two) but my storm wiz got it instead Go figure! LOL

I think it would be great if we could transfer just so those certain spells that are "dropped" either by pack or Loremaster (and only her). The reason why I say only her is because she is the one who has such random drops. If you want to learn one of the other school specific spells then your wizard should have to work at it and be willing to suffer for it. This would make it so you don't just go in with your high level, powerful, super healing wizards to try for the drop, then just be able to transfer to a lower wiz (to use in PvP or blast through worlds). I think another condition would be that it should be a one time transfer and permanent, not like the houses where you can trade again in 3 months if you decide you don't like it. This would make people understand that they can't just delete a wizard and think they can just trade the spell to another. It's a one-time permanent thing.

I honestly doubt any of this happens but who knows maybe KI might consider it Here's to hoping!
~SM~
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the skeleton key boss in Darkmoor's Graveyard drops Sacred Charge, idk if it was confirmed.

I hope KI creates a system to allow this, because Krampus is such a cool spell but my ice wiz had no use for it. :(

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Oh I think fire spells are very useful for ice wizards and vice versa. Use the Krampus spell when you are fighting Ice enemies.

Delver
May 29, 2009
The Lore Keeper on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the skeleton key boss in Darkmoor's Graveyard drops Sacred Charge, idk if it was confirmed.

I hope KI creates a system to allow this, because Krampus is such a cool spell but my ice wiz had no use for it. :(
I would have to look that one up. I just got into Darkmoor this past weekend and didn't do any of the Skeleton Keys so I don't have experience farming for that one.

~SM~

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
If you want the Krampus spell on your Fire wizard, try to get a Lump of Coal pet. I have a couple of these from the Christmas chests in the Daily Assignment.
SparkleTude is correct, using a different spell from your class can be handy, I got the Catalan spell from Loremaster and it was very useful in Avalon! ( Lots of Myth types there. ) The only draw back was getting the pips ( 5 ).
Krampus only costs 4 pips, so you have a greater chance to use it.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
SparkleTude on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Oh I think fire spells are very useful for ice wizards and vice versa. Use the Krampus spell when you are fighting Ice enemies.
I would agree in the case of lower level wizards, where the mobs and bosses aren't all that powerful but at higher levels it's more effective to use and ice prism and convert ice damage into fire damage.

Yes logically I could use Krampus to get rid of pesky fire wards that get in the way of my prisms, the problem is the amount of pips I would be using to do that. Krampus costs 4 pips, without a fire mastery amulet, I have to wait 4 turns before I can cast it and then another 4 turns before to make those pips back.

Strategically it would be easier to cast fire cat which only costs 1 pip and would remove the shield. A wand spell that does fire damage would achieve the same effect for no pips at all and a spell like Fire elf would take care of any fire shields for the next 3 turns and that only costs half of what Krampus does.

On top of this even if I were to use Krampus I'm pretty much stuck with it's base damage, as there is no true cross classed gear for ice and fire at higher levels. And it would just be a waste of time, snacks, and energy on hatching the perfect fire damage pet just so I can use a single spell.

On the other hand, I have a fire wizard who could use that spell to it's fullest potential.