Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Colossal Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2017
Hi All,

I finished Zafaria and everybody keeps saying I should have gotten the Colossal spell here. I do not have the requirement as of yet. I only have up to the monstrous spell, but still, need to get the gargantuan spell before I can get the colossal spell. My question is since I've already finished Zafaria, can I still go back and do that quest again? Or am I SOL?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Whether you trained Gargantuan or not, you should have gotten the quest for the Zafaria Sun school trainer around the time you opened up the Drum Jungle. I think it's Inyanga Whitestripes in Baobob who sends you to Coco Smokesign in the Drum Jungle, and Coco will give you the quest to unlock the sun school obelisk. Check in your log a quest called either "Bungle in the Jungle" or "Midnight Sun."

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Bungle_in_the_Jungle#axzz51AFCwreK&gsc.tab=0

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Midnight_Sun#axzz51AFCwreK&gsc.tab=0

If you have either of those, then you already have the quest.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the wiki says you must be level 64 to get the spell quest, but you must be level 66 to get into Drum Jungle. That's a contradiction and I'm not sure which one is accurate. If you must be level 66 to get into the jungle at all, then obviously you'd already be high enough to train the spell that is restricted to level 64 or higher. But, just in case ... if you're lower than level 66 and the quest isn't showing up, just do a few side quests to get yourself to the right level. Maybe that's what the problem is.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
May 29, 2009
You MUST be at least level 64 AND trained in the other Sun damage enhancing spells: Strong, Giant, Monstrous, & Gargantuan before you can get Colossal. However, unlike those prerequisite Sun spells where you just walked up to the trainer to learn said spell, with Colossal you have to earn it.This means doing a quest to repair the Sun Trainer obelisk

Here is the beginning quest title, who you need to talk to and so forth:

Quest: Midnight Sun

~SM~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The persons advising you that you should've gotten the spell are right.
The quest to obtain it is a side quest, so it's not much of a surprise you might have skipped passed it.

But, let's dissect what you mentioned.

Since you only have up to Monstrous, you will need the gargantuan spell in order to have learn Colossal. So, visit the Sun School Trainer in The Floating Land back in Celestia to obtain it.

Now, on to the colossal quest.
Soon after unlocking Drum Jungle, Koto Smokesign (main Gorilla NPC you interact with in Drum Jungle) should have a quest called Midnight Sun for you to do.
If she doesn't have it, check back with Inyanga Whitestripes (Zebra fellow you first see upon entering Zafaria).
He should have it and will send you to speak with Koto.

The quest simply requires you to defeat the Black Tusks Cultlist (yes, again) to collect 3 Obelisk pieces needed to activate the sun Obelisks seen at the entrance of the jungle.

Collecting these were a pain back in the day, the drops seem to have gotten less antagonizing somewhat, but don't expect to collect them in your first two battles.

Activating the Obelisk will grant you access to two sun school spells; Colossal and Extraordinary.

Nothing too hard :)