Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What was your first ever pet on w101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
My first pet on wizard101 was a unicorn. When I first started the game I thought it was the best thing ever! and it didn't even give anything good lol. Now I just keep her as a housing item?

Whats your first pet story?

GabrielleThunderDreamer lvl 37

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My first pet that I got excited about winning, was a Storm Hound that dropped from Malestaire. It was 2009 and pet training was not a thing yet back then. They weren't available in the Crown Shop at that time, either. She came with a damage over time storm spell, though, and that was super useful!

I carried that lovely little hound until training came out, then trained her. In addition to the card, she actually had good talents! She was such a great pet that my Storm kept her original Storm Hound equipped up until Azteca made a healing and defense pet necessary. Her name is Sadie and I still have her in my backpack, but don't equip her anymore.

Alia Misthaven
Sierra Stormcaller (long live Sadie!)

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
My first pet was a fire hound. I didn't know much about the game at that time. I was just training him and having fun. Then one day he healed me in a battle. What? What just happened? Then I started reading in wiki and, sure enough, he had healing skills. Then we trained a lot!!

Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 31 Storm

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Back when in my noob days when I first started playing the first pet I got was a dragon.

I saw it in the Wizard City pet shop and was like "I must have one!", so I sold every unnescessary item I'd been lugging around with me and bought one.

She was just red on red, so I named my new pet dragon Ruby. I carried her around with me until the end of Dragonspyre. I didn't bother training her even though I could have done so, I was just elated by the little red dragon following me around. I didn't really replace her until I got my Phoenix pet from Wintertusk.

She now resides happily in my castle along with the many other dragon pets I have collected over the years of playing the game.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2017
Mine was either a dragon or a firecat caant rember

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
My first pet was a heckhound bought in Krokotopia near the Krokosphinx. His name was Rusty and I absolutely adored him. Actually as it is 4 years later, I still have that pet just for the sake of memories. I trained him to ancient not knowing anything about pets but he was much loved and still is loved but obviously not used.

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 41
~Natalie lvl 23
~Natalie lvl 8

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Does anyone still have that free piggy given for completing the Pet Pavilion?

Don't tell me we all got rid of the poor fellow

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Mine has to be the midnight sprite dropped from Lord Nightshade in his tower in Haunted Cave. Back then, Pet Pavilion was yet to be discovered, so pets were just here purely for their looks. Also, Nightshade used to drop Crowns Only Items (Midsummer's Crowl, Jacket of Withstanding, Code Wands etc) very frequently, so I was always a friendly visitor.

Her name was Princess Alyssa :)

Still have her to this day. She's my motivation as to why I beat these mobs the way I do!

#Idothisforher

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Does anyone still have that free piggy given for completing the Pet Pavilion?

Don't tell me we all got rid of the poor fellow

That one, the Blue Cyclops from Penny Dreadful and the Golden Piggle from Wysteria are all in my wizards houses. But my first pet came with a game card - a Wild Claw I named Roscoe, he's still in use with my Myth Wizard, I trained him to adult and he gives her Fairy and extra accuracy. I really should try to get him to ancient and see what else he has.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
Once upon a time I had some sort of colossus from a game card.. I hardly remember anything about it except that I loved it lol

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Star Edward on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Mine has to be the midnight sprite dropped from Lord Nightshade in his tower in Haunted Cave. Back then, Pet Pavilion was yet to be discovered, so pets were just here purely for their looks. Also, Nightshade used to drop Crowns Only Items (Midsummer's Crowl, Jacket of Withstanding, Code Wands etc) very frequently, so I was always a friendly visitor.

Her name was Princess Alyssa :)

Still have her to this day. She's my motivation as to why I beat these mobs the way I do!

#Idothisforher

Cute

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
My first pet was a unicorn named Bentley!

Explorer
May 20, 2012
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't remember the very first pet i quested with. But one of my first ones was a Samooria from the Crown Shop because it was life and it has a unicorn spell.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
My first pet was a Burlap Boy. I remember I had crowns to waste and bought random packs from the Crown Shop. I remember naming him Gummy.

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
I believe my first pet was an Ice Cat or something like that lol. I got it from a gift card. I had no idea of what pets were capable of back it the day. I still keep my cat in my inventory

However I'm still confused, are there 2 different Ice Cats? I swear there's like an updated version of mine, it has the same features yet different species names... hmmm... anyways, I will NEVER get rid of him. He the first pet I've ever had and liked

Jack Legend