Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does Frenzy and Beserk spell work?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
Is it like feint? I realize both of the spells are just opposite, but how does it work? Is it like feint to where it's +40% to incoming spells thats gonna hit you, just for you to have a constant blade as an alura? I think beserk is useless that way, Frenzy is only 40% to outgoing spells if i'm right, and if this is all true, ill just stick with feints and galvanic field

Delver
May 29, 2009
I was farming Loremaster this weekend and my Myth wizard used Berserk (item card on gear) and was asked what was the point? I told him that it basically boosted my hit for four turns unlike a feint which only does so once. Plus as an aura it doesn't cost me a pip. He asked if I liked the spell so I did tell him, though, that for my Myth it was good for farming but no way would I use it during a boss battle and risk getting hit FOUR times possibly four turns! LOL My resistance isn't that high :D

~SM~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, well Beserk and Frenzy work using this mechanic:

They both increase all damage output but in turn also increases damage input.
So yes, in a way, it's similar to feint. For Beserk, it's like having a +40% trap circling around you every turn for four rounds while having a +30% blade.
For Frenzy, it's the opposite. +40% Blade and a +30% trap.

Now, both these spells are not useless, infact they are pretty useful if used correctly. For instance, I use both these spells on my ice instead of sleet storm (which is ice's version of Galvanic Field). He already has enough health and resists to comfortably absorb any hits coming his way, so the extra damage the Frenzy brings isn't a biggy.

As opposed to my storm, I don't need this spell as I can get the job done easily with as you mentioned; Galvanic Field. The additional damage the star school spell would bring is something I can't afford to be suffering for four long turns.

So, it just depends on your play style.

So, is it useless? No.
Will others find it useless anyways? Yes.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The spells do work like bubble 'feints,' with a four-round damage output increase that is counter-balanced with incoming damage also being increased for four rounds. My Death uses these spells to boost her drain spells.

I have found that Frenzy and Berserk work best when you have pips fully charged and several blades or traps stacked and ready to go, plus 2 or 3 damage cards waiting. For 0 pips, you give yourself a +30% or +40% 'blade,' and can then fire off 2-4 hits with that damage added. If you time it for a kill-shot, you won't be at risk that much.

Alia Misthaven
Fallon Raven

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I kind of feel like berserk and frenzy are kind of pointless or maybe I'm just not understanding them correctly. Do they have +40% incoming damage and +30% outgoing damage or the other way around? I feel like those spells could kill you if it is +40% incoming damage. But the +30% outgoing damage is definitely better than amplify or the arcanum version of amplify (Lol i forget what its called). Granted frenzy does look really cool though

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 41
~Natalie lvl 23
~Natalie lvl 8

Delver
May 29, 2009
Wizard Bae on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
I kind of feel like berserk and frenzy are kind of pointless or maybe I'm just not understanding them correctly. Do they have +40% incoming damage and +30% outgoing damage or the other way around? I feel like those spells could kill you if it is +40% incoming damage. But the +30% outgoing damage is definitely better than amplify or the arcanum version of amplify (Lol i forget what its called). Granted frenzy does look really cool though

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 41
~Natalie lvl 23
~Natalie lvl 8
Yes it's the reverse of feint where the incoming is more than the outgoing. The price you pay for having that is it's a 0 pip spell that lasts for four rounds.

Like I said earlier, it's not GREAT to use it instead of other utility spells.

Pros:
  • Lasts 4 rounds
  • Costs 0 pips
  • No other training prerequisite to learn (unlike Feint you have to spend 7 Training Points)
  • Great for farming
  • Good as an added boost to your increase your damage
  • Can't be cast off you by Earthquake (unlike extra blades) or Cleanse Warded by the enemy
  • No chance that your enemy will "use" it when they cast Dark Pact, Sacrifice, or any other self-damaging spells
  • Your own personal global boosting spell
  • No worries that someone will "wand your feint" LOL
Cons:

• Not good for wizards with low resist
  • Not ideal if you don't want to be hit up to 4 times (per round) by up to 4 enemies (hello? Minions? LOL)
  • Not a good idea if you are facing a creature that has very high damage output or critical
Other than that, though, I can't come up with a whole lot of Cons. Others have stated its usefulness and others have said why they refuse to use it.

I would welcome anyone else coming up with any additions to the Pros or Cons that I've listed. Kinda like having a debate

~SM~

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Wizard Bae on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 41
~Natalie lvl 23
~Natalie lvl 8
Berserk, trained in Zafaria at level 66, is 40% in and 30% out for 4 rounds.

Frenzy, trained in the Arcanum at level 110, is the opposite: 30% in and 40% out.

As stated before, these spells provide a second 'blade' for a few rounds and can be very effective if timed right. You should have two or three damage or drain spells lined up to get the most from your fit of frenzy or when deciding to go berserk. If your health is low, or if the boss has a lot of pips, that is probably not a good time to use frenzy or berserk.

Personally, I do use Berserk/Frenzy on my Death and Ice wizards, but not on the others.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
Thanks for the answers guys, and since they had a training point buyback, i reset them for my storm, and instead i'll use the spell for my ice character