Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 simple issues I have

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
1) as a person who constantly has to swap outfits from healer, killer, resister... It swaps brings my Mana down to the base 150... Which isn't bad... But be nice if it set it to the lower gear's Mana... And not instantly base

And #2 my PC is pushing 6 years old and lag is catching up... Why I have to play with 0 graphics.. no over head names, char bubbles, etc... Anything to render less, but it would be nice to be able to keep the private message bubble... And not chat bubbles... Or vice versa

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
For #2.

A quick an inexpensive way to bump up your PC's performance is to increase the virtual memory. That is if your hard drive has memory to spare. If you have 50mb unused, try putting 20-25mb to virtual.

Control Panel > System and Security > System

On the upper left side of the window look for 'Advanced system settings' click it.

New window pops up called 'System Properties'. It has five tabs, it should be showing Advanced tab.

In the Performance section of the 'Advanced tab' click 'settings'

New window pops up called 'Performance Options' It has three tabs. Click 'Advanced' tab.

In the Virtual memory box of the Advanced tab click 'change'.

New window pops up called 'Virtual Memory'.

The default selection will be on 'System managed size' to undo this uncheck 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives' on the very top of the window.

Then click 'custom size'.

Select the drive (most likely C:) Then enter in a value in 'initial size' then 'maximum size'. The 'value' is in megabytes. 1 = 1 megabyte.

They can both be the same value, but only maximum can be higher. Just above that is the amount of space available you have to use. Click 'set' when done.

Do not use all of it. Leave at least 10% - 15% available for your PC to function normally(more if possible). Using all of your memory as virtual memory may drastically reduce your computers performance('may' means it will).

After you change these settings the memory you used will no longer be available on your hard drive. That is until you change it back.

Restart, and you should notice a boost in overall performance depending on how much you allocated.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Is heavily confused... It's a Windows 8.1 notebook meant for college work... Not gaming... planning to get a gaming desktop... But thanks?