Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

6 hour power boss

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Simple idea, you know that door in Aquilla with the giant baskilisk...
every 6 hours it opens globally, not realm-y and inside is a giant boss with 20,000,000 health, and allows 20 players at once... as in there' 5 rings, around it, and it drops every item in the game and drops lvl wise to the player, and being Aquila, a free to go area, even lower lvl chars can play...

the boss will have no cheats, but has Universal Mastery, as in he can use any spell with power pips, and has every spell created...

major rewards would be dropped if he dies, though you would be rewarded for
  • entering the battle, so if you flee, die, disconnect, you'll still get participation
  • killing off your ring circle 4,000,000 hp of the total 20,000,000
  • killing him completely, requires all 5 battles dead

thoughts?

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
camahawk on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:
every 6 hours it opens globally, not realm-y and inside is a giant boss with 20,000,000 health, and allows 20 players at once... as in there' 5 rings, around it, and it drops every item in the game and drops lvl wise to the player, and being Aquila, a free to go area, even lower lvl chars can play...

the boss will have no cheats, but has Universal Mastery, as in he can use any spell with power pips, and has every spell created...

• entering the battle, so if you flee, die, disconnect, you'll still get participation

thoughts?
I actually REALLY like this idea. I've always wondered what the basilisk in the Aquila safe zone was. I feel like this would be really good but would be a little hard to manage and would get too crowded easily. I wonder what kinds of drops it'll give?

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
What I really like about this idea are the multiple duel rings for one boss. I think the developers are limiting themselves by only allowing max 4 players on a team to participate in dungeons(or anything else) at a time. Especially when so many other mmo's are pushing those boundaries. Just read about a game yesterday called Fortnite that created a 50v50 mode.

Now I'm not suggesting that for wizard, that wouldn't fit here. However I think the only 4 players at a time is getting a bit stale.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Implementing an idea like this would be one way for KI to expand the game without needing to generate a completely new world (not that I mind new worlds). But there are places within the "existing spiral" that have potential for revisits.

This idea is a pretty good one.

Steven Ghoststalker

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
camahawk on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:

thoughts?
i actually don't mind this idea; if i had some extra time and was in the mood for a challenge, i would totally bite.

the only thing i would change: maybe include additional rewards/incentives for those who stay to the end, in order to discourage people from quitting (though i agree that those who leave through no fault of their own, ie disconnection or family emergency, should not be penalized).

-von

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Dr Von on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
i actually don't mind this idea; if i had some extra time and was in the mood for a challenge, i would totally bite.

the only thing i would change: maybe include additional rewards/incentives for those who stay to the end, in order to discourage people from quitting (though i agree that those who leave through no fault of their own, ie disconnection or family emergency, should not be penalized).

-von
I mean killing your ring... Would grant rewards based on your lvl... Be any item in the game.. but your lvl... If all 5 rings are dead within the 6 hours... You'll get high tier gear... But that's also 20Million health... In 6 hours.... 5 rings with 4million each... And way I expect it to be is... If you die and flee.. someone else jumps in the spot... You still get benefitted.... As if you was there.... Though it wouldn't be as much..

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Mr Talon on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
What I really like about this idea are the multiple duel rings for one boss. I think the developers are limiting themselves by only allowing max 4 players on a team to participate in dungeons(or anything else) at a time. Especially when so many other mmo's are pushing those boundaries. Just read about a game yesterday called Fortnite that created a 50v50 mode.

Now I'm not suggesting that for wizard, that wouldn't fit here. However I think the only 4 players at a time is getting a bit stale.
lol yeah

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
Mr Talon on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:

Yeah compared to Pirate101 where you can have 3 companions and a pet and can be joined by 3 other people with the same it's nowhere near as exciting. There are battles with like 30 characters onscreen at a time.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Odyssey, written by Homer.

I do actually like this idea of having a world boss. It sounds similar to the one in Summoner's War! This is definitely something that would be fun to watch as well. Bring this up on Feedback Friday blogs for sure! KI is also usually open to ideas via e-mail too.