Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Higher Level Cap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't know how this hasn't been brought up, but currently, I'm only halfway through Mirage, and I've already reached the Level Cap of 125. Seriously, KI, what are you thinking? 5 levels? That's like saying, "Hey, kid. Here's 500 gold for a dragon mount."
If you REALLY want to extend the level cap, do it by a number that's at least higher than 5 or 10, say ... 20 to 30? That at least gives us a little leeway to gain more experience. After all, you guys made the experience from the higher worlds (ex. Khrysalis, Polaris, Mirage) stack up so quickly.
And here's another thing. I'm kind of disconcerted with how much experience you need to level up. The gauge should fill up more slowly. 2.5 million's too low. Make it a little closer to 5 or 7 million.
Otherwise, good job so far. Even though I'm a little peeved about this whole experience and level cap thing, the game has been good so far.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
crashj3ster on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
I don't know how this hasn't been brought up, but currently, I'm only halfway through Mirage, and I've already reached the Level Cap of 125. Seriously, KI, what are you thinking? 5 levels? That's like saying, "Hey, kid. Here's 500 gold for a dragon mount."
If you REALLY want to extend the level cap, do it by a number that's at least higher than 5 or 10, say ... 20 to 30? That at least gives us a little leeway to gain more experience. After all, you guys made the experience from the higher worlds (ex. Khrysalis, Polaris, Mirage) stack up so quickly.
And here's another thing. I'm kind of disconcerted with how much experience you need to level up. The gauge should fill up more slowly. 2.5 million's too low. Make it a little closer to 5 or 7 million.
Otherwise, good job so far. Even though I'm a little peeved about this whole experience and level cap thing, the game has been good so far.
if you stop questing at cap, this will happen.

i used to do this too. and i stopped doing it after khrysalis part 1, since i reached level 95 well before completing it (thanks to all that xp i had left over from not completing azteca).

now, i always quest until i complete the world, regardless of whether or not i'm gaining xp. i completed mirage despite earning no xp, then did empyrea and leveled up to 125 right before the medulla fight. but i completed the world anyway.

when a world is released in 2 parts, the level cap increment is only 5 levels; it was the same with khrysalis, where part 1 increased the level cap to 95 and part 2 raised it to 100. i'd imagine that's what will happen here as well.

-von