Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medulla Fight

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Hey I think the medulla fight needs to be changed. Its way to difficult. I have had people rage quit after killing each other and I have spent countless hours trying to win this fight on ice. Its not going well at all. That confuse cheat is A horror above horrors. My suggestion is to 1: nerf the health of medulla And beans pork And spark 2: make the confuse cheat last 1 round not 2. Thats my suggestion

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
You're not the only one who feels Medulla battle needs a nerf and I'm one of them. I'm sure there's others as well. I believe new hardcore battles will be nerf in time for the casual players. Most of them do within the first year they been released.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
Maycast on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Hey I think the medulla fight needs to be changed. Its way to difficult. I have had people rage quit after killing each other and I have spent countless hours trying to win this fight on ice. Its not going well at all. That confuse cheat is A horror above horrors. My suggestion is to 1: nerf the health of medulla And beans pork And spark 2: make the confuse cheat last 1 round not 2. Thats my suggestion
I do agree with you. But Medulla becomes easier once you defeat Beans, Sparck, and Pork. After they are gone, they help you. Then Medulla just becomes annoying. But I agree with you. If you're still having trouble with it, I could help you.

Blaze Fireweave

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Granted it was 1-4 am when I fought Medulla in the live realm, but from what I saw the confusion cheat is plain ridiculous.

Just BEING confused is a hazard. I tried to cast Shadow Trickster since I thought I would be safe, but I had killed one of my teammates with a Dr. Von's Monster instead. It wasn't even in my hand (meaning it was somewhere in my deck but it wasn't showing up when I was choosing a card) and I didn't even have the pips for it.

And to add insult to injury, casting it actually used up my pips, so when confusion wore off, I had no pips and a dead teammate that was going to get hit with confusion for coming in late.

Medulla's health can stay, but confusion needs to be knocked down by two pegs. The self hitting spells (meaning fairy and auras not bad juju) should be a work around to the confusion cheat and we shouldn't be allowed to hit with spells we don't have the pips for because that's just plain unfair.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I know a lot of people must be having a tough time with this fight, I've even been killed by teammates because of it. However, there is a way to overcome Medulla's mind meddled cheat.

1. Never ever pass. (EDIT: Unless you discard your entire hand?) If you do pass you don't get to choose which spell it will use, which can result in at best one dead teammate. At worst, you kill all of them.

2. What you choose to cast is very important. Sometimes you can choose a spell while mind meddled and it will instead choose another spell and target. The two that I know of are auras and shadow spells. Never choose them while meddled. Instead, pick a blade or shield or stun block (EDIT; Which I recommend carrying since Medulla casts medusa).

If you choose any of those you will always cast it. You will never get to determine who the spell targets but you can be sure that it won't kill your team. I personally stack half my side deck with myth TC shields so whenever I get mind meddled it's easier to find one (and they really help with all that myth damage he does). Medulla generally puts all shields and blades on himself. So try to make sure the shields won't interfere with you teammates damage, and blades that won't benefit him.

3. First turn mind meddled is different than second turn mind meddled. AOE heal spells cast the turn you are meddled seem to work. I know you can still heal your team with unicorn, pigsie and rebirth the first turn you are mind meddled. I have seen AOE attacks cast the first turn as well but I have yet to try it myself. Never use single target heals or attacks.

Hope this helps good luck everyone!

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
thatgrumpypanda on Nov 29, 2017 wrote:
Granted it was 1-4 am when I fought Medulla in the live realm, but from what I saw the confusion cheat is plain ridiculous.

Just BEING confused is a hazard. I tried to cast Shadow Trickster since I thought I would be safe, but I had killed one of my teammates with a Dr. Von's Monster instead. It wasn't even in my hand (meaning it was somewhere in my deck but it wasn't showing up when I was choosing a card) and I didn't even have the pips for it.

And to add insult to injury, casting it actually used up my pips, so when confusion wore off, I had no pips and a dead teammate that was going to get hit with confusion for coming in late.

Medulla's health can stay, but confusion needs to be knocked down by two pegs. The self hitting spells (meaning fairy and auras not bad juju) should be a work around to the confusion cheat and we shouldn't be allowed to hit with spells we don't have the pips for because that's just plain unfair.
I know kingsisle Made a change to the medulla Encounter. Making it so Medulla cannot make you use Spells you do not have the pips to cast. This could be helpful actually.

Now a reply to Blazemaster688. Thank you for the offer of help. However I have completed medulla (took quite a few hours but we managed it) I still wanna thank you for offering.