Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Having trouble with the level 55 spell quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I am not able to finish the level 55 spell quest due to how hard the boss is. Every time the boss crits and I don't block since I only have a 1% chance to block. Does anybody have any tips to defeat him?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What school are you?

?

• Don't worry about block - Honestly, don't worry about blocking too much. Worry about surviving. You can do this by using Storm Shields. Since you will have a 99% chance of not blocking, ensure to you're able to survive!
  • Deck - How large is your deck? You don't need a big deck with many spells. You only need a few, couple heals, couple AoE, enchants, shields, blades and possibly a trap or two.
  • Go First - May seem a little cowardly, but going first ensures you're able to say shield against an incoming critical Triton! I'm sure you can relate to how much that can hurt.
  • Heal - Heal if you see your health getting low (Say 1,500 or lower).
  • Take Minion Out - A couple blades and an enhanted AoE should be enough to eradicate the minion in a single hit.
  • Predict - Use the boss's pips to predict his next move. Chances are, if he has three power pips, it's a good idea to shield or have a shield up. For some reason, he tends to critical a little more than other mobs around the area.
  • Final Attack - With sole focus on Skabrok, begin to prepare for a single enchanted hit. Blade up, couple traps then hit Skabrok with Efreet if you're for example. It should be enough to take him down.
  • Fortify - Just a note, you can use Fortify as you wait for pips and gear up to attack. The spell does help!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Thank you! I'll be sure to try this strategy next time I attempt to defeat Skabrok.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Thank you for your advice. I was able to complete this quest and now I learned power link.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Was going to add something here.

Glad to see you were successful though.

Just to add, the tips mentioned above can be used in most boss battles, especially the ones about going first and the use of Fortify!