Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fight club guide?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
(i took the quest before finding out that it was a 4-man cheat instance; it's great that there's a warning about that on the dungeon itself, though i wish i'd known that before taking the quest as i'd never have accepted it. but it's on my books now and i'm a completionist, so here we are.)

i've already been through the first two battles, though people always quit at the end because everything triggers a cheat. even the counters to these cheats trigger other cheats, which makes it hard for a random team (rather than a highly specialized one) to get anything going.

the only viable strategy i can see is if everyone just spams low-pip hits (for example, nested fury, glowbug squall, mystic colossus, etc.), we'll eventually do more damage than they can cheat off. but no one listens to me of course, because "you're not a damage dealer, what do you know".

/sigh.

i tried to find a guide, so that i could look up the cheats, but i only found one on central that isn't entirely accurate (maybe it's still in process or was done for test realm and some of those things have changed). does anyone have a guide that actually works or any suggestions for how to get this thing off my books?

-von

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Dr Von on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
(i took the quest before finding out that it was a 4-man cheat instance; it's great that there's a warning about that on the dungeon itself, though i wish i'd known that before taking the quest as i'd never have accepted it. but it's on my books now and i'm a completionist, so here we are.)

i've already been through the first two battles, though people always quit at the end because everything triggers a cheat. even the counters to these cheats trigger other cheats, which makes it hard for a random team (rather than a highly specialized one) to get anything going.

the only viable strategy i can see is if everyone just spams low-pip hits (for example, nested fury, glowbug squall, mystic colossus, etc.), we'll eventually do more damage than they can cheat off. but no one listens to me of course, because "you're not a damage dealer, what do you know".

/sigh.

i tried to find a guide, so that i could look up the cheats, but i only found one on central that isn't entirely accurate (maybe it's still in process or was done for test realm and some of those things have changed). does anyone have a guide that actually works or any suggestions for how to get this thing off my books?

-von
Thanks for the warning Dr. Von, I'm glad that I avoided accepting this quest. The Rapping ( ? ) Beastman was a turn off, he didn't fit in to the theme of space travel ( Star Trek ).
I hope you'll soon be able to remove this quest from your log.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
As I understand it, there is a problem with this dungeon not dropping appropriate gear yet. Because of that, people aren't farming it and that's probably why the guides aren't being written ... yet.

Dworgyn made this announcement on the 9th:

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is an issue with the loot found in the Fight Club instance we are working to fix: "NOTE: There is a known issue involving the Beastie Boys Encounter that we will be working to fix soon. It is currently not dropping loot correctly. Please be aware before attempting this difficult dungeon that better rewards are coming soon. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-offline-welcome-to-empyrea-8ad6a4255f529a5b015f9926e3911c5d?page=1

If you can stand to wait, maybe Christmas break would be a better time to try and slog through this dungeon.

Alia Misthaven

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Freshta on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
As I understand it, there is a problem with this dungeon not dropping appropriate gear yet. Because of that, people aren't farming it and that's probably why the guides aren't being written ... yet.

Dworgyn made this announcement on the 9th:

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is an issue with the loot found in the Fight Club instance we are working to fix: "NOTE: There is a known issue involving the Beastie Boys Encounter that we will be working to fix soon. It is currently not dropping loot correctly. Please be aware before attempting this difficult dungeon that better rewards are coming soon. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-offline-welcome-to-empyrea-8ad6a4255f529a5b015f9926e3911c5d?page=1

If you can stand to wait, maybe Christmas break would be a better time to try and slog through this dungeon.

Alia Misthaven
thank you so much for that piece of info~ i only came back a couple of days ago, which explains why i hadn't yet seem the post you mentioned.

i don't farm, so i'm not worried about rewards; i just want the quest gone. still, that makes sense, as to why no guides exist yet. i don't know that i'll still be here next month, but i'll get to it whenever i get to it, i suppose.

also @anecorbie you are most welcome~ i wish i hadn't taken the quest either but, as i mentioned, i am a completionist (even though i would have easily made an exception for a four-man cheat instance, had i known that's what it was).

maybe, while they're tweaking the rng, kingsisle can also add something to yowck's dialogue about this being a cheat instance and needing 4 people to complete it.

-von
-von

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I heard about that quest and skipped it. I don't go for cheating bosses like that. It's a turn off to see those who have to cheat to win in my opinion

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
I heard about that quest and skipped it. I don't go for cheating bosses like that. It's a turn off to see those who have to cheat to win in my opinion
i agree; i have zero interest in cheat instances, since team up is super unreliable and meeting up with friends is difficult due to time zone differences (i'm 4 hours ahead of most people i know, so their midnight is 4 in the morning for me). finding a competent team is way harder than the dungeon itself, imo.

i really wish that there was a warning in the dialogue about this being a cheat instance. i don't want to bother with it, but it's in my log now, meaning that i have to complete it (because that's how ocd works), so here we are.

the one part that really grinds my gears is that all the counters to the cheats trigger other cheats. i so wish i had never taken this, because there's nothing worse than being a completionist stuck with a quest that simply can't be completed by available means.

please ki, put a warning in there to save other people the hassle. i've always been against the idea of being able to delete quests from our logs (for obvious reasons), but this is definitely a point in its favour.

-von

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Dr Von on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
i agree; i have zero interest in cheat instances, since team up is super unreliable and meeting up with friends is difficult due to time zone differences (i'm 4 hours ahead of most people i know, so their midnight is 4 in the morning for me). finding a competent team is way harder than the dungeon itself, imo.

i really wish that there was a warning in the dialogue about this being a cheat instance. i don't want to bother with it, but it's in my log now, meaning that i have to complete it (because that's how ocd works), so here we are.

the one part that really grinds my gears is that all the counters to the cheats trigger other cheats. i so wish i had never taken this, because there's nothing worse than being a completionist stuck with a quest that simply can't be completed by available means.

please ki, put a warning in there to save other people the hassle. i've always been against the idea of being able to delete quests from our logs (for obvious reasons), but this is definitely a point in its favour.

-von
Putting a warning in the dialogue saying the quest is a cheat instance is a good idea and I hope KI will add that in. There are a few side quests sitting in my quest book that are cheats. I have no intention to do them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
well, i finally beat this ridiculous dungeon!

i joined a random team through the kiosk, and we actually managed to find 4 people:

me (balance)
storm
death 1
death 2

the first 2 fights are pretty easy, if you follow the rules. that last one, though...

there are 3 bosses + minion that deals a one hit kill. so we split up the dungeon: storm and i attacked the death boss, and the 2 death wizards went for the storm boss. we managed to take out the death guy before our entire team got killed by a glowbug with 168% supercharge (we took 13,000 damage each), so we all ported back in via recall.

thankfully, death did not respawn. so me and one of the death wizards got rid of storm; because the boss was balance (as they all seem to be... yawn), our storm and the second death attacked him... it was so much easier with only 2 of them, and we all lived to the end.

as with any long cheaty instance, drops were complete and utter junk. but the quest is off my books now, and i never have to set foot in there again! yay!

-von
#balancetrash

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Congrats!

And ... 13,000 damage to all?!

Dang! Well, people wanted a challenge....

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
The main challenge for me has been finding a team who will actually work together

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You can actually find a great guide to this, including all cheats, and regular, as well as, speed run strategies on Duelist, here:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-farming-guides/beastman-fight-club-guide-speed-run/