Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just To Be Safe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2015
Hello, Wizards!

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this. If it isn't, feel free to make me aware, or if you're staff and reading this, feel free to move it.

I recently encountered a problem within a "Team Up!" group for my Waterworks farm. Everything was going smoothly, enemies being killed and all that jazz. Abruptly, both my teammates left, and one person I had spent most the time healing and shielding (Keep in mind, I'm a storm Wizard.) messaged me privately after he left saying "Reported for being rude and ignoring." Confused and baffled, I responded, "What? I didn't even do anything?"

I posted this just to be sure that I don't get punished for something I didn't even do. I believe staff can check chat logs, so feel free to do so (Not as if you need my permission, but I was just saying.)

Again, sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Kind Regards,
Alexandra Stormblade.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Huddess on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
Hello, Wizards!

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this. If it isn't, feel free to make me aware, or if you're staff and reading this, feel free to move it.

I recently encountered a problem within a "Team Up!" group for my Waterworks farm. Everything was going smoothly, enemies being killed and all that jazz. Abruptly, both my teammates left, and one person I had spent most the time healing and shielding (Keep in mind, I'm a storm Wizard.) messaged me privately after he left saying "Reported for being rude and ignoring." Confused and baffled, I responded, "What? I didn't even do anything?"

I posted this just to be sure that I don't get punished for something I didn't even do. I believe staff can check chat logs, so feel free to do so (Not as if you need my permission, but I was just saying.)

Kind Regards,
Alexandra Stormblade.
You're fine. If you truly did nothing, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If anything, that other person should be the one worrying :P

Lol one time I was standing in Olde Town doing nothing, and then I got randomly reported. I didn't even say anything to anyone, too.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, Wizards!

Kind Regards,
Alexandra Stormblade.
You didn't get a single notice that you were reported? Did you have your chat log off? ( Not that that is a reason to report. )
Don't worry, the chat log will be examined and if you truly have done nothing to merit the report, you have nothing to worry about.
( And you're right this is the wrong place for this post, this thread is for bugs/glitches. )

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Most likely trolls. They will leave for no reason, just wasting people's time. KI will not do anything to your account. It was a false report and the person who falsely reported you will most likely get the punishment if they have falsely reported people in the past.

Just don't worry about it. Seriously, these people need to stop. Sorry that you encountered this :(

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I think you will be fine because from what you're saying, you didn't do anything wrong. They were probably talking to somebody else and they sent it to you by accident or something.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I can assure you that "being rude" or "ignoring" others are not reportable offenses. Swearing & cursing, asking for personal information, or being verbally abusive are all against Terms of Service and can be reported.

If they truly reported you, I think you would know it right away. A notice comes on your screen. If you didn't see that notice, they just abandoned you and left you a personal note guaranteed to confuse and upset you even more. Jerks. (That word doesn't even come close to my actual thoughts, but this is a moderated board. Jerk is the most 'family friendly' pejorative I can come up with at the moment. )

I'm sorry that happened to you. Aside from making you feel rotten, I think you're otherwise going to be okay.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
If anyone deserves to be reported, it should be those two so called "teammates" that left abruptly.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hello, Wizards!

Kind Regards,
Alexandra Stormblade.
if you didn't break any rules, you have nothing to worry about.

'being rude' is not reportable (unless you violate the terms of use by cursing around the filters, or something like that); ki checks all chat logs surrounding any report that's made, and the person who reported you can actually lose his or her reporting privileges, especially if s/he has a history of making false reports.

i highly recommend having a look at this for more info.

-von