Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get rid of Realm Lock

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Since this update, I can't get into Ambrose anymore. My favorite realm. I've spent a lot of $$$ on this game. I'm a member. Members should not get locked out of any realm!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DeathGem67 on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
Since this update, I can't get into Ambrose anymore. My favorite realm. I've spent a lot of $$$ on this game. I'm a member. Members should not get locked out of any realm!
each realm is a server that can only support so much traffic at a time, and the only way you'll be 'locked out'/unable to enter a particular realm is if it's full; tough luck for those who play during peak hours or are in popular time zones, member or not.

i am in the atlantic time zone; i play between midnight-4 am, when everyone else is asleep, and i still have a harder time getting into the crowded realms (though i also have empty servers to myself for hours). but that's fine by me, since i avoid people like the plague anyway.

-von "avoiding the plague like the plague" shadowsong

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
DeathGem67 on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
You get "locked" out if the realm is full
What realm lock does is say you like the quiet free lag of say Scarecrow realm... You enter a team up sigil, you're now in the hosts realm, being Ambrose, when the dungeon is done, you'll leave in Ambrose, and because of the lag, your old PC crashes.... Realm locking sets you when you exit Team up, you returned to that lag free Scarecrow realm....

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
To be honest, this new "Lock Realm" Feature has just been throwing my wizards all over the place I: While I get the point of it, I still rather how the servers and realms were before.

Times like these when the old saying comes in handy:

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.