Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ability to get back all snacks used

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
So I was training a pet which I was convinced would become a triple double. Till Epic it got double resist and double damage. Once I trained it to Mega, guess what it got.

D E E R K N I G H T R I S E S

I know we all have been super frustrated when a pet fails, but a lot of snacks have been gone into training that pet. Especially till we get it till a high rank like Mega. This idea is one the Youtuber 'It's Anthony' suggested. It's seriously genius.

The idea is that when a pet fails, we have the option to get back all snacks used on that pet which got it to whatever rank it failed at. Don't get this idea wrong. Not EVERY SINGLE SNACK used on that pet. Only the ones which got it from Rank x To Rank y. For example:

My Nightwalker pet which failed at Mega,all snacks used from Epic to Mega will be given back if I use the option to.

I think a small amount of Crowns should be spent to get back your snacks.
What I'm thinking:

Baby to teen- 50 crowns
Teen to adult- 100 crowns
Adult to ancient- 150 crowns
Ancient to epic- 200 crowns
Epic to mega- 250 crowns

The amounts I suggested might be too low, I'm not really sure. Thoughts?

All credits go to Youtuber It's Anthony for this wonderful idea. Just trying to spread it around more, so maybe KI will add it one day?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Getting pet snacks back is good.

Shutting off a bad talent and getting the chance to train again would be even better. Seriously, I'd pay crowns for that. We could call it talent reset and I can even see caveats: the talent remains active in the gene pool, but we get the option to shut it off and train again to replace it with a different (and hopefully) better talent. We only get the option to shut off a bad talent once per pet.

Another idea is talent preview: we pay crowns to see what the upcoming talent is going to be. Then we can decide right away if it's worth it to go to Mega or not. That would certainly save a lot of aggravation and pet snacks! Or, if KI wants to introduce some uncertainty, they can offer talent preview when the pet is still a baby. For a price, we get a glimpse of 3 of the 5 talents that baby will develop, but in no particular order. Once you start training, you can't do talent preview again.

Alia Misthaven

Hero
May 02, 2009
That would defeat the purpose of gardening and farming for snacks.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
flash33 on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Farming and gardening for snacks is not easy, and once all the effort you put into getting those snacks goes to waste you certainly don't feel good about it right?

This saves you the time of gardening and farming all over again just because your pet failed at so and so rank.

I don't see how it defeats the purpose of farming and gardening snacks, just saves time.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"...but young wizard, there's only a chance of ____"

I feel your pain. You'll get there eventually. Getting snacks back seems a bit much, and with good gardens you can get snacks pretty quickly now.

I like the talent reset idea Freshta!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i'm with freshta and mirajane~ i've had many pets fail at mega/ultra would totally pay crowns for the ability to determine whether or not training the pet i hatched is worth it, or to get snacks back and try again.

if you think about it, not only would you have to pay crowns, but you'd also have to spend all that time re-leveling your pet (which, from epic to mega, or mega to ultra, takes foreeeeevaaaar)... still, it seems like a trade i'd be willing to make.

-von

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Freshta on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Getting pet snacks back is good.

Shutting off a bad talent and getting the chance to train again would be even better. Seriously, I'd pay crowns for that. We could call it talent reset and I can even see caveats: the talent remains active in the gene pool, but we get the option to shut it off and train again to replace it with a different (and hopefully) better talent. We only get the option to shut off a bad talent once per pet.

Another idea is talent preview: we pay crowns to see what the upcoming talent is going to be. Then we can decide right away if it's worth it to go to Mega or not. That would certainly save a lot of aggravation and pet snacks! Or, if KI wants to introduce some uncertainty, they can offer talent preview when the pet is still a baby. For a price, we get a glimpse of 3 of the 5 talents that baby will develop, but in no particular order. Once you start training, you can't do talent preview again.

Alia Misthaven
I love your idea. It would make pet training so much easy, less frustrating and less time in the Pet Pavilion and more time playing the game. 2 thumbs up.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
flash33 on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Not necessarily. There's always pets to train.