Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose? Please don't let juju spammers ruin PVP..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Ambrose, Juju spammers may ruin the pvp experience. Please update us if there is a way to combat a constant juju spammer whose resistance is very high. Thanks in advance, loyal wizard since the late 90's.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Ban the Balance Loremaster spammers too cause they are just as bad as juju spammers. It can go both ways. They both spam. I get spammed with loremaster more than juju though, just saying.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Excuse me, wizards with high accuracy have no trouble with lore master at all. Juju on the other hand is hopeless.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
"Excuse Me"??!! Well, I am in the arena a lot too, and I am not real happy about a lot right now either. I totally agree with you that something needs to be done with jade gear and juju spammers. I was not disagreeing with you, BUT there is a problem with SPAMMING SPELLS REGARDLESS of what spell it is. Balance wizards are spamming loremaster the same way death is spamming juju so it is the same. ANY wizard can have high resist making ANY spell including loremaster a pain. The spells aren't the underlying issue at all. JuJu can be wanded off, loremaster's weakness can be wanded off. It's the things like you mentioned (the high resist gear)(most likely jade) that goes with those spells like juju and loremaster that make pvp so un-pvp. I've seen people sitting in matches for hours because they are out of cards and no one wants to give up their rank. How sad and disturbing is that? Makes pvp not worth wanting to even play anymore.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Friendly advice, inside of pvp, try to stack up on tower shields, they will buy you time and pips during battle. In most cases, attempt to disarm your opponent by entering the shadow strike with 3 or 4 good spells in line. And if you can't go into the shadow, buy some beguile treasure cards, and when your opponent enters the shadow, beguile them. Just food for thought. Good luck in pvp.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
jakehjk3 on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
"Excuse Me"??!! Well, I am in the arena a lot too, and I am not real happy about a lot right now either. I totally agree with you that something needs to be done with jade gear and juju spammers. I was not disagreeing with you, BUT there is a problem with SPAMMING SPELLS REGARDLESS of what spell it is. Balance wizards are spamming loremaster the same way death is spamming juju so it is the same. ANY wizard can have high resist making ANY spell including loremaster a pain. The spells aren't the underlying issue at all. JuJu can be wanded off, loremaster's weakness can be wanded off. It's the things like you mentioned (the high resist gear)(most likely jade) that goes with those spells like juju and loremaster that make pvp so un-pvp. I've seen people sitting in matches for hours because they are out of cards and no one wants to give up their rank. How sad and disturbing is that? Makes pvp not worth wanting to even play anymore.
Ill have to disagree with you Jake on this one. By symbol of your avatar i can already tell your a bias for death school rendering your statement inconclusive.Comparing lore master to juju spamming is on a entire different level.Although i don't consider spamming a strategy to some extent it can be.How ever juju spammers rely on running the opponent out of cards and spending 2-3 hours even days on a simple match that could of been ended in 20 rounds or less,than if both side end up on the sparing side than the waiting game. it is very annoying. Crown gears should be ban from pvp disabling the pay to win meta to a more pvp base gears with moderate damage resist pierce access by every school and all players creating a more safe pvp environment. Pets has already been the bothersome of pvp because without them any strat is useless and i have yet to see any death school going 1v1 in the old traditional tourney meta, which in fact should be applied to rank matches. There fore the same events are placed in tourney should be made optional in rank.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Jonathan You say you disagree with me. But then you go on to say the exact same thing as me about Jade gear? Did you realize that what you said about Jade gear was basically the same thing I said? So you must agree with me to some extent. Did you read my whole response or just notice that I was death and must be biased? Of coarse I am biased! I am death, and it's my spell we are talking about. I'm death and even Juju spamming Jades are annoying the heck out of me, but so are other spammers with jade gear. Did you notice my response where I said I have seen people sitting in matches for hours? I acknowledged all that like you, but I'm wondering if you even read what I wrote? I think all you was seeing is that I was "death" and so you dismissed all that I wrote- but we agreed on a lot of things. ** BUT it all goes back to what I ALREADY said. It's NOT the spells that are the underlying problem ( like Juju and Loremaster )( you don't have to compare them if you don't want to, but I will because they are comparable to ME ). It's the gear that goes a long with those spells that's the problem. I think we all are annoyed by the same issues honestly. I don't think any one spell can ever be blamed for anything. Things aren't right- we all know that.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
gordo571 on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
Friendly advice, inside of pvp, try to stack up on tower shields, they will buy you time and pips during battle. In most cases, attempt to disarm your opponent by entering the shadow strike with 3 or 4 good spells in line. And if you can't go into the shadow, buy some beguile treasure cards, and when your opponent enters the shadow, beguile them. Just food for thought. Good luck in pvp.
Thank You, I appreciate that. I'm hopeful some day the things you addressed in your post will get taken care of and help us all for the sake of the arena. Good luck to you in pvp too ;) It's rough out there- but you already know.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Last night as I watches the matches that where going on, before I start to PVP. We had 20 matches, I counted 9 for level 100 and above, 3 of them where juju/jade and 2 where life jade. That is more than half of the matches for these levels.
I love the new dispel shield. But this put another disadvantage in the attempt to place balance dispels on these Juju players to stop them from reshuffling and dispel the life wizards from healing, when they are Jading.
We need a spell, like a cleanse, but instead of just removing one negative, remove them all. An spell
Make Juju a 5 pip hit, like it was at one time.
Please KI listen to our pleads.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I don't ever remember Juju ever being 5 pips. I thought when the spell was first released it was like 4? I remember being upset cause i hated the spell then too.. Thinking that it could easily be wanded off by the opponent. & it still can be easily wanded off, or taken off with a 1 or 2 pip spell. . So making the spell 5 pips isn't fair either. Most death wizards don't spam this spell, and most death wizards aren't wearing jade gear. There is no way I would use a 5 pip Bad Juju spell when someone can just wand it off. It would make it totally useless all together. Again most death wizards aren't spamming this spell. It's the Jade, Juju combo- so it's not really fair to punish all death wizards. I'm all about being fair, but taking away from all death wizards because of what some do isn't fair to the death that don't Jade.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
- This post seems rather bias. Yes there are deaths wearing jade but thats not a excuse to nerf bad juju or get rig of it. Take note that death has the worst base damage in game and they are highly blade dependent. They can't blade while using this spell and it takes health from them. Imagine having 100+ damage and 30+ pierce using this spell? Its not a pretty.

- Other schools can use bad juju and their other utility better than them without risk/problems. I add bad juju as one of the spells because its 2 pip tc versions of the card that can be planted which if any school used this version they could use it more effectively than how any death could. Not to mention Dark pact and empower being better utilized by ours.

- Also lore master spammers are just as bad. I have 40 acc and i still fizzle sometimes against lore and its not just about fizzling your own school. What if your another school other than ice and you need to shield? You have a high chance of fizzling a tower from the lore master. Also not to mention that Lore stacks weakness based off the enchantments used. ( no in enchant, tc garg, colossal epic and etc)

What i suppose make Bad juju better used by offensive players and useless to jades. For example Juju jades spam bad juju using empower because 3 is a odd number of pips. Why not make bad juju 4 pips with moon damage so that jades can't spam it and it makes for better use for offensive deaths who actually hit.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
wakaflame201 on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
- This post seems rather bias. Yes there are deaths wearing jade but thats not a excuse to nerf bad juju or get rig of it. Take note that death has the worst base damage in game and they are highly blade dependent. They can't blade while using this spell and it takes health from them. Imagine having 100+ damage and 30+ pierce using this spell? Its not a pretty.

- Other schools can use bad juju and their other utility better than them without risk/problems. I add bad juju as one of the spells because its 2 pip tc versions of the card that can be planted which if any school used this version they could use it more effectively than how any death could. Not to mention Dark pact and empower being better utilized by ours.

- Also lore master spammers are just as bad. I have 40 acc and i still fizzle sometimes against lore and its not just about fizzling your own school. What if your another school other than ice and you need to shield? You have a high chance of fizzling a tower from the lore master. Also not to mention that Lore stacks weakness based off the enchantments used. ( no in enchant, tc garg, colossal epic and etc)

What i suppose make Bad juju better used by offensive players and useless to jades. For example Juju jades spam bad juju using empower because 3 is a odd number of pips. Why not make bad juju 4 pips with moon damage so that jades can't spam it and it makes for better use for offensive deaths who actually hit.
Easy for you to say when your death.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
There are more Balance wizards (Lore spammers) in the arena than there is with Juju spammers. You'll most likely face these Death Jades with a Knight-Warlord rank, or if there are not enough players doing PvP during the time you queued, so if both of these apply to you then do not be surprised if you go against one. I don't think Juju should be nerfed or limited in any way (it already has been btw with the Reshuffle update, so you can't have any more copies unless you have the TC version) since weakening our opponents is one of Death's many specialties, and like Balance, we have a lot of utility spells. Personally, if you ask me, I think the issue lies more with the Jade gear. I don't think Jade gear should be allowed in a 1v1 at all. And I find that Life Jades are more of a "nuisance" due to Guardian Spirit, which basically grants them immortality. With Jujus, you can wand them off, use Empower/Dark Pact/Cleanse if you're wise enough to pack them in your side, or take them off with low pip spells. If you run out of spells, look for a Reshuffle. If you're Balance or Storm, you'll have an easier time taking down Jades than the other schools, especially with the right deck set-up and all.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
gordo571 on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
Excuse me, wizards with high accuracy have no trouble with lore master at all. Juju on the other hand is hopeless.
Try asking everyone who has done PvP/does PvP regularly and you'll get the opposite answer.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
gordo571 on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
I could probably compile numerous scenarios of ranked matches I've watched where someone has fizzled due to Lore's mantle.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Better to just ban Jade gear from Ranked 1v1 overall. Matches would be easier, quicker and more fun with everyone going offensive. A Death hitter won't be able to spam Juju due to our damage and pierce, as well as our shields and blade stacks. Sure, they may use one or two here and there, but I guarantee you as someone who has played as a Death hitter in the past, we don't really use it, only when needed. If you're really against Juju, then you might as well complain about Efreet too.