Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

weird sound glitch in empyrea

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
yeah, so... i'm back (for now, anyway) and i decided to check out empyrea.

so far, i'm enjoying it. i actually knocked out a couple of quests by myself, without feeling constantly on-edge (like i did in mirage) or dying in 2 hits (like i also did in mirage)... buuuuut i discovered a very strange glitch with the sound in our brave, new world: whenever i cast sand wurm, the volume drops.

we're not talking a slight decrease either; we're talking what i'd guess is approximately a 75% decrease in volume, and i know it's not my pc because it only happens during the animation for that one spell. is this happening with other mirage spells too, or just the sand wurm?

i hope the maintenance that's happening as i type this fixes it. either way, bringing it to someone's attention can't hurt, i suppose.

editing to add that it's not just sand wurm: i was in a dungeon just now with a storm wizard who used iron sultan and, when he cast it, the sound disappeared entirely for the duration of the animation. not game-breaking, but it sure is annoying; please look into this, kthanks.

-von