Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What the heck Kingsisle!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 16, 2014
What the heck Kingsisle? I just spent the last 4 hours killing medulla with a team and he kills me on our last hit so I do not get credit for killing him but rest of team does?? why did you make a boss like that?? I'm so upset right now I can hardly type. We spent 4 hours and countless potions killing that boss and I get hit at the very end right before eh he is about to die and so I do not get credit for the fight really? that is not a fun game. That boss has way way too many cheats and way way. too much health. I feel so robbed right now that you let a boss it like that when he is about to die after 4 hours of fighting. I am now definitely rethinking this game! So disappointed in this boss and your programming of him. how would you think this is ok, this is beyond just bad luck. how will others feel when this eventually happens to one of them. So sad and upset right now.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Pyle1197 on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
What the heck Kingsisle? I just spent the last 4 hours killing medulla with a team and he kills me on our last hit so I do not get credit for killing him but rest of team does?? why did you make a boss like that?? I'm so upset right now I can hardly type. We spent 4 hours and countless potions killing that boss and I get hit at the very end right before eh he is about to die and so I do not get credit for the fight really? that is not a fun game. That boss has way way too many cheats and way way. too much health. I feel so robbed right now that you let a boss it like that when he is about to die after 4 hours of fighting. I am now definitely rethinking this game! So disappointed in this boss and your programming of him. how would you think this is ok, this is beyond just bad luck. how will others feel when this eventually happens to one of them. So sad and upset right now.
I've never done this boss before, but I can only tell you this: these types of threads pop up all the time whenever a new world comes out. I can guarantee that once more people get to Medulla, then soon enough guides will be made that will allow you to easily finish this boss in a couple rounds. The only thing I can advise you is to either work your deck around to adapt to the cheats, or wait until guides are posted that show how to easily deal with them in a group.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This happened to me and a friend with Baba Yaga. Only worse, we were actually ALIVE when the battle ended, but neither of us got credit because we'd both ported out to regain health at some point during the battle. When the battle ended with our victory, Baba Yaga was still standing there and we had to do it all over again.

Definitely take whatever time you need to cool off before you try again. You got through this battle once, so there's hope you can get through it again with a little better luck and preparation next time.

There's a guide at Duelist101 that mentions a way to use Medulla's cheats against him. You might want to check it out...

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/empyrea-part-1-finale-guide-medulla/

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Freshta on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
This happened to me and a friend with Baba Yaga. Only worse, we were actually ALIVE when the battle ended, but neither of us got credit because we'd both ported out to regain health at some point during the battle. When the battle ended with our victory, Baba Yaga was still standing there and we had to do it all over again.

Definitely take whatever time you need to cool off before you try again. You got through this battle once, so there's hope you can get through it again with a little better luck and preparation next time.

There's a guide at Duelist101 that mentions a way to use Medulla's cheats against him. You might want to check it out...

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/empyrea-part-1-finale-guide-medulla/

Alia Misthaven
The method to use his cheat against him has been patched. I'll see about updating the article.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I agree completely! It's time that the KI W101 team changes this penalty ( it's more like a punishment! ). You helped defeat that boss, you should get the credit, if not the rewards, for the effort.
Thank goodness dungeon team fights are different in Pirate101 - even if you get defeated in the last round of the fight, you aren't ported out of the dungeon; you get credit for defeating the boss and you get the rewards.
If you're seriously rethinking this game, come over to the pirate side of the Spiral! ( You don't even need to make a new account! )

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
The method to use his cheat against him has been patched. I'll see about updating the article.
Well that figures. And here I was actually looking forward to trying that strategy out!

Thanks for keeping Duelist101 so accurate and helpful.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I just finished the Medulla boss fight, and it only took me 20 minutes. I thought it was rather easy, so I'll share what we did.

First, just blade up and try to kill the three other minions quickly so it's just Medulla left. I found the fight got a lot more manageable with them dead.

I thought the confusion cheat was pretty easy to work around when Medulla started casting it on us, because if you do aoe stuff, it still goes through normally as intended. Whenever I was confused, I just did a random blade (which always got put up on Medulla anyway) or an aura. DO NOT use a single hit attack if you're confused.

Other than that, the fight was pretty straightforward and I had no real difficulty completing it. Good luck!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015
Medulla is a just fine boss. Wizard101 isn't supposed to be a piece of cake, Pyle1197. You have to give it time. Over time Medulla's health will probably be reduced. I have seen countless users defeat Medulla. About your "how will others feel when this eventually happens to one of them" line, I say, they won't give up like you did. If they fail, they try again. Its all about trying your best to defeat a boss. One boss can't determine your leaving of a game. Rethink what you said.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
chase12345667 on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
Medulla is a just fine boss. Wizard101 isn't supposed to be a piece of cake, Pyle1197. You have to give it time. Over time Medulla's health will probably be reduced. I have seen countless users defeat Medulla. About your "how will others feel when this eventually happens to one of them" line, I say, they won't give up like you did. If they fail, they try again. Its all about trying your best to defeat a boss. One boss can't determine your leaving of a game. Rethink what you said.
Your response seems rather cruel, Pyle1197 had just devoted 4 hours of game time in this fight - this shows that he/she doesn't give up easily.
I wonder how willing you would be to continue a dungeon after being defeated in the last round of a 4 hour fight when the rest of your team gets the credit for the win?