Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The reveal of our origins...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
So the whole business with Earth not being part of the Spiral, it actually contradicts something Gamma says early in the game.

"Every world can be found on the Spiral, even yours."

And since Gamma was present when Ambrose first located the player, he should know full well where we come from. So either Earth is part of the spiral, or we're actually from some other unnamed world that has yet to make contact with the others.

So what if instead that plot twist be that the player carries Raven's "Blessing of Guidance" which is the reason she acts as the narrator even when we do things she doesn't approve of. The blessing also means we contain just enough of her power within us to survive in the Astral Plane for a brief period (emphasis should be made on how we can't stay for too long). She might have given us this blessing after sensing the same potential that Ambrose did, and wanted to help us fulfill it, not imagining at the time that we'd get involved in her personal affairs.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2015
This is actually a pretty interesting concept. I assume it might just be a plothole, like how Wizard City and Empyrea are both apparently the center of the Spiral--3 dimensions or not.
I would guess we are from earth, where did they say the earth wasn't part of the spiral? Was that mentioned in the game?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Old_Men#axzz4yRmim5D6

This is the quest that I believe you are referring to.

I would chalk this up to Gamma being old and forgetful, though that is an interesting point.

I am also interested in the fact how aware of Grandfather Spider is Bartleby? Our original story is that Raven and Tree sang the song, that created the Spiral, but how does Grandfather Spider play in exactly?

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
I was so excited when it was finally revealed that we were from Earth! And it just shows how far in advance KI plots thing through.
I was also delighted in discovering the origins of the Gobblers!
I'd like to know, why isn't Bartleby (well not yet anyway) to stop his sister Grandmother Raven. My theory is that Bartelby's illness is just to keep him out of the loop. After all, we really don't know the extent of Bartleby's powers or if a tree is his actual form or something he has taken on.
Empyrea Part 2 will be fascinating for the things it will reveal.
My only worry is that it may be the end of 101, after all we can't keep fighting Grandfather Spider forever and of course there's the question, can the Spiral exist without Grandmother Raven either?
Lots to look forward to!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Enlightened One on Dec 10, 2017 wrote:
I was so excited when it was finally revealed that we were from Earth! And it just shows how far in advance KI plots thing through.
I was also delighted in discovering the origins of the Gobblers!
I'd like to know, why isn't Bartleby (well not yet anyway) to stop his sister Grandmother Raven. My theory is that Bartelby's illness is just to keep him out of the loop. After all, we really don't know the extent of Bartleby's powers or if a tree is his actual form or something he has taken on.
Empyrea Part 2 will be fascinating for the things it will reveal.
My only worry is that it may be the end of 101, after all we can't keep fighting Grandfather Spider forever and of course there's the question, can the Spiral exist without Grandmother Raven either?
Lots to look forward to!
Empyrea won't be the end of Wizard101. Kingsisle said before that they have many more story chapters planned, and we're only in the third one now. Falmea also said in a Producers Letter a while back that they planned out character progression for the next hundred or so levels.