Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing CAN help your gardening!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2017
If this ever happens to me again i will make sure to screen shot it. As at the time i thought what i had "caught" would be in the wiki.
Unfortunately it wasn't.
Also i'll need help as to how i show screen shots on here lol :)

A few days ago, there was a fish of the day, that can only be caught at the outlaw's refuge.

During my time at one person's house, thank you castle tours :)
I pulled up a chest and thee was a sword fern inside!
I know this plant is wanted by a lot of people for various reasons. I checked the wiki and it wasn't there so felt the need to share it here.

I also got a maltese tiger lily in a chest in the ice house but that is written in the wiki. It was a good day for fishing that day.
I was rather chuffed.

Just another reason to fish!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Personally, I strongly dislike fishing.

However, I do like to garden. The Sword Fern you mentioned is actually a pretty good plant and so are those tiger lilies.

Thanks for the info nonetheless! :D

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Fun!
I wonder if that was the same fish of the day I took a house tour to find!
The fish of the day was deer knight and it can only be found at the outlaw house.

I did the house tour to find an outlaw house also!

Yeah sometimes fun things are in the treasure chests you can get with fishing.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Star Edward on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
Personally, I strongly dislike fishing.

However, I do like to garden. The Sword Fern you mentioned is actually a pretty good plant and so are those tiger lilies.

Thanks for the info nonetheless! :D

When I first tried the Lucky quest in the Commons, first level fishing, I thought it was tedious. It took me soooo long to catch that fish sandwich and that bone fish.
When I maxed, I had to find something else to do in the game if I wanted to play. So that's when I went back to crafting and then to fishing.

Fishing is a lot easier if you use things like Winnow (which I didn't know where to find until then - why do they put it inside a dungeon?) and reset and charm.

I haven't noticed a ton of difference with the potion except when Lucky gives it in that first quest, which I did not realize would wear off.

Anyway now it's an occasional fun relaxing thing to do.
I am terrible with gardening just like in real life. I planted a basic plant, in one indoor pot, and had to use spells to revive it.

Plant killer.