Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why cant crafting be a way to enhance gear?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
I don't get it, if all I need to do to get the best gear is to farm why would I ever consider crafting? I'm talking about at high level, In darkmoor and above, because I really never see any craftable gear worth it past that point.

It's actually the opposite, in Aquila you can use gear from the dungeon to craft worse gear, which is as contradictory as anything I can imagine, can someone please tell me why we can't craft gear better than dungeon gear using dungeon gear? Please don't tell me it's to keep us from being Op, no fight past khrysalis in the main story is really difficult unless it's a boss fight.

But those can range into the Rattlebones exalted challenge which is tough no matter what level you are, fancy gear won't help to much unless it's jade with resist and even then it won't be easy. Can someone explain this?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
piratical505 on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
I don't get it, if all I need to do to get the best gear is to farm why would I ever consider crafting? I'm talking about at high level, In darkmoor and above, because I really never see any craftable gear worth it past that point.

It's actually the opposite, in Aquila you can use gear from the dungeon to craft worse gear, which is as contradictory as anything I can imagine, can someone please tell me why we can't craft gear better than dungeon gear using dungeon gear? Please don't tell me it's to keep us from being Op, no fight past khrysalis in the main story is really difficult unless it's a boss fight.

But those can range into the Rattlebones exalted challenge which is tough no matter what level you are, fancy gear won't help to much unless it's jade with resist and even then it won't be easy. Can someone explain this?
Crafting exists because some people hate farming.

And furthermore, crafting exists because some farmable battles and instances were deliberately made DIFFICULT to the point where well-coordinated teams of four were required to finish ... and some solo or casual players could not find coordinated teams. Therefore, they were effectively locked out of getting that gear.

Take Darkmoor, for example.

The Aquilan crafted gear requires the 'Senator's' set, which is essentially garbage. In exchange for some reagents, crafters could slightly upgrade their senator stuff into something slightly better. (It wasn't worth the effort, except for the level 30 set, if you didn't have Zeus gear.)

Actually, I do agree with you that high quality dungeon gear should be an ingredient to making even more superior crafted gear. The effort of farming combined with the effort of crafting should produce the best gear available in the game. That would be something to work for!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
When the fire teacher in the arcanum had all of the craft recipes recently in test, we got a peek at crafted gear that takes the regular Dragonspyre crafted gear, add reagents like in Aquila and end up with a new and improved item. There were 3 different versions, Duelist's added pip chance, Healer's added either outgoing or incoming - I forget which, and sadly I have no clue what the third added. I thought there would be plenty of time to research it. They are level 50+ gear and I can only hope that these items are a stepping stone to similar items for higher levels. I have no clue where to find these recipes at though.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
yeah. I totally agree with this. It's really difficult for higher level players to get better gear to the point that we are stuck with mixed sets of gear. I even try farming with a team but the always leave middle way. It should be to where it's possible to craft the gear with the stats just as good as they would be farming.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
warlygirl on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
When the fire teacher in the arcanum had all of the craft recipes recently in test, we got a peek at crafted gear that takes the regular Dragonspyre crafted gear, add reagents like in Aquila and end up with a new and improved item. There were 3 different versions, Duelist's added pip chance, Healer's added either outgoing or incoming - I forget which, and sadly I have no clue what the third added. I thought there would be plenty of time to research it. They are level 50+ gear and I can only hope that these items are a stepping stone to similar items for higher levels. I have no clue where to find these recipes at though.
The recipes you mentioned were taken down while test was running and have not made it into the live game yet. Maybe they will be released with the next part. I sure hope so. We were also promised crafted gear for Polaris and Mirage with this Empyrea release, and that promise has not been upheld as of yet.

Healer dedicated gear would be fantastic!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
I only heard about the new gem promised in mirage, not gear too. We need more crafted gear like we had in Grizzleheim. That stuff was awesome, I pretty much lived in it until Khrysalis.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Yeah we need more gear that gives us a choice in how we wanna play, I get why there hasn't been an upgrade to the malistare gear. It was impossible at levels 110 & 120 malistare gear pretty much broke prior limits and so did waterworks gear. Both were gear updates nearly 50 levels apart. In terms of crafting however, I feel letting us choose what stats we want to use using those pics of gear to scale would be OK. Particularly I would like it if we could choose whether or not to use pip conversion on our wands instead of having it replace stats we used before through crafting. But overall boosting or adjusting gear to be better in a certain way rather than an all out buff until the next Op gear set comes out would he nice. Then we should be able to buff the gear.