Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family Account Removal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
There should be a way to remove my account or my child's from a family plan, What if something happened where i lost one of the accounts due to hacking and the individual can easily steal my account or my child's, this is a big issue that should be addressed. There is no reason why joining a family plan should be permanent, Me and my family really enjoy this game but having limiting options or irreversible options like this should be fixed. My account belongs to me so there shouldn't be a reason why i can't have control over removal of my account. Even if i don't want to remove another account i should at least be able to remove my own. This problem needs to be addressed seriously KingsIsle this has been a huge problem for awhile and hasn't been looked upon

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Only way to have any chance of this is by emailing support.

support@wizard101.com

Survivor
Nov 28, 2015
I was just thinking the same thing a little while ago and was about to post it until I saw that you had already beat me to it. You are completely right that this a problem that needs to be fixed. Though it’s hard to believe that this problem had only been brought up just now. I imagine that it was probably addressed multiple times before but just kept getting over looked.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I think it's a bigger problem now because a lot of the young kids that started Wizard101 back in 2009 are now reaching adulthood and want to control their own accounts. KI is going to have to figure something out, it's only going to get worse as more and more kids grow up with the game.

For example, any active accounts that started in 2008 could be grandfathered into 'adult' status at the end of 2018, as long as the owner asks for it and can establish their identity plus provide a credit card or other age verification. Assuming the kid was 8 years old in 2008, ten years would get them to adulthood. If they want to be extra cautious, KI could do this at 2020 - at that point even 6 year old players in 2008 will have reached age 18.

Then, in 2019 (or 2021), they start grandfathering accounts made in 2009....

As for separating accounts, if both owners agree in writing via their respective emails, that should be allowed. Kids grow up, parents get divorced; and thus people may want to separate their accounts at some point. It's weird that KI won't do it.

Alia Mistaven