Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

more efficient way to get ultra apples?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2017
I'd really like to craft the ice whirlwind,

for which one ingredient is most problematic, ultra snow apples

Which apple is most likely to drop an ultra, green or purple or just regular?

I know that the ultra can drop for duels, but i've done over ten rattlebones masters and haven't gotten one. I've gotten a bunch of other ultra seeds which is nice but getting the ultra apple seems like trying to catch smoke.

I also know that meowiaty can drop them through archmage and exalted, but it's a possibility not a given.

So i'm thinking, hypothetically it could be more likely to get an ultra from another apple plant but which one....

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I haven't a clue on which of the three non-Ultra Snow Apples have the highest chance to drop the Ultra version, if they aren't all just tied in the first place. The plain Snow Apples might be the easiest to acquire, since they drop from the Winterbane Gauntlet. The other two seem to primarily drop from random enemies in Polaris and Mirage, and from what I remember, not as frequently as Winterbane with the plain Snow Apples.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I found that the purple snow apples drop the Ultra Snow apples, but the drops are random. Out of thirty plants, I may get two ultras each planting. Sometimes more when the double gardening is in effect.