Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So... what's gonna happen post-Empyrea I & II?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Well, this rather turned out unexpectedly, really, but, if KI wishes to go with Empyrea being a 2-parter & maybe have the 3rd arc having a well created big finale with Grandfather Spider and his Children for the last time, then, I really hope we get a proper showdown that includes not only their normal forms, but their Primal Forms, the kind of forms seen in the cave paintings in Zafaria, and a massive showdown with him in his true Primal Form and Grandmother Raven aiding us in it.

That is what I'm guessing in my perspective, anyway. And, the final showdowns with Malistaire in Dragonspyre and Morganthe in Khrysalis weren't what I somehow imagined. I really hope our ultimate final showdown with Grandfather Spider and his Children be a multi-formed battle arc finales truly deserve, Dworgyn & Professor Falmea.

Now, to this. I know there's probably gonna be more evil forces to take Grandfather Spider's place as the next Big Bad if he gets defeated for good, which is obviously the best bet, since evil never sleeps, but, the question is this, how will the focus on storytelling in W101 go once Arc 3 gets done?

Will it undergo a different & renewed method that breaks off from travelling to new worlds all the time and have us travel to some past worlds to explore new zones to progress through the story & still have some new worlds to explore, too while still having the quest design approach remaining like how it is with Polaris & Mirage?

We all still like to continue our adventures & keep on defeating more evil forces, 'cause it's been our history that way since the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts opened it's doors to Wizards, & I know that we'll always be there to stop evil at every turn, no matter what.

So, to any Wizard out there wondering, what do you think how the storytelling in W101 will go once Arc 3 is done? Lend your thoughts here.

REMINDER: Just in case such questions have been asked, no, the adventures will not, I repeat, not end with Arc 3's closure, so that's completely out of the question.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Trimond297 on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
Well, this rather turned out unexpectedly, really, but, if KI wishes to go with Empyrea being a 2-parter & maybe have the 3rd arc having a well created big finale with Grandfather Spider and his Children for the last time, then, I really hope we get a proper showdown that includes not only their normal forms, but their Primal Forms, the kind of forms seen in the cave paintings in Zafaria, and a massive showdown with him in his true Primal Form and Grandmother Raven aiding us in it.

That is what I'm guessing in my perspective, anyway. And, the final showdowns with Malistaire in Dragonspyre and Morganthe in Khrysalis weren't what I somehow imagined. I really hope our ultimate final showdown with Grandfather Spider and his Children be a multi-formed battle arc finales truly deserve, Dworgyn & Professor Falmea.

Now, to this. I know there's probably gonna be more evil forces to take Grandfather Spider's place as the next Big Bad if he gets defeated for good, which is obviously the best bet, since evil never sleeps, but, the question is this, how will the focus on storytelling in W101 go once Arc 3 gets done?

Will it undergo a different & renewed method that breaks off from travelling to new worlds all the time and have us travel to some past worlds to explore new zones to progress through the story & still have some new worlds to explore, too while still having the quest design approach remaining like how it is with Polaris & Mirage?

We all still like to continue our adventures & keep on defeating more evil forces, 'cause it's been our history that way since the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts opened it's doors to Wizards, & I know that we'll always be there to stop evil at every turn, no matter what.

So, to any Wizard out there wondering, what do you think how the storytelling in W101 will go once Arc 3 is done? Lend your thoughts here.

REMINDER: Just in case such questions have been asked, no, the adventures will not, I repeat, not end with Arc 3's closure, so that's completely out of the question.
I'm still hoping that Empyrea just happens to be a 2-part world, and that this isn't the end of the third arc... I feel like the third arc finale is going to be rushed if the arc ends in just the third world, no matter how long Empyrea is. This looks a lot like Valencia 2, and I'm sure Kingsisle knows just how much we all "loved" the story in that world update :/

I don't think we stand a chance against Grandfather Spider is he is serious about fighting us. The battle against him in Mirage was obviously fake, as his master plan in Mirage was just to kidnap Mellori when she was most vulnerable. By pretending to be weak and defeated, he was easily able to provoke Mellori into trying to kill him, and we all know how that ended up turning out lol. Also, if a Prival Divine Being was completely intent on your annihilation, would they be shouting stuff like "spin the wheel! I'm enjoying this!" or "time needs chaos! One direction is boring!" Fitzhume also said he can't imagine us seriously fighting Grandfather Spider and winning here. My guess is that at the end of Empyrea, we'll maybe end up locking Grandfather Spider up again, since we obviously can't stand against him if he reclaims his Chaos Heart.

It's also my opinion that Grandfather Spider was bluffing when he threatened us back in Polaris, as I've never seen him physically try to seriously harm us. Did you notice that it's ALWAYS one of his children or minions that do his work for him when it involves fighting us? :P

If Empyrea really is the conclusion to the third arc, then I think the 4th arc might revolve around the Cabal and leaving the Spiral? It would be nice if we explored new areas in old worlds, as I'm still dying to know what the zones beyond Urville Station look like lol. There's also still the matter of the Creator being who created the Firstworld in the first place...

PS - I only did the first few quests in Empyrea, so if anything I said is contradicted by the Empyrea story, then PLEASE don't correct me

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
FusionSun on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
I'm still hoping that Empyrea just happens to be a 2-part world, and that this isn't the end of the third arc... I feel like the third arc finale is going to be rushed if the arc ends in just the third world, no matter how long Empyrea is. This looks a lot like Valencia 2, and I'm sure Kingsisle knows just how much we all "loved" the story in that world update :/

I don't think we stand a chance against Grandfather Spider is he is serious about fighting us. The battle against him in Mirage was obviously fake, as his master plan in Mirage was just to kidnap Mellori when she was most vulnerable. By pretending to be weak and defeated, he was easily able to provoke Mellori into trying to kill him, and we all know how that ended up turning out lol. Also, if a Prival Divine Being was completely intent on your annihilation, would they be shouting stuff like "spin the wheel! I'm enjoying this!" or "time needs chaos! One direction is boring!" Fitzhume also said he can't imagine us seriously fighting Grandfather Spider and winning here. My guess is that at the end of Empyrea, we'll maybe end up locking Grandfather Spider up again, since we obviously can't stand against him if he reclaims his Chaos Heart.

It's also my opinion that Grandfather Spider was bluffing when he threatened us back in Polaris, as I've never seen him physically try to seriously harm us. Did you notice that it's ALWAYS one of his children or minions that do his work for him when it involves fighting us? :P

If Empyrea really is the conclusion to the third arc, then I think the 4th arc might revolve around the Cabal and leaving the Spiral? It would be nice if we explored new areas in old worlds, as I'm still dying to know what the zones beyond Urville Station look like lol. There's also still the matter of the Creator being who created the Firstworld in the first place...

PS - I only did the first few quests in Empyrea, so if anything I said is contradicted by the Empyrea story, then PLEASE don't correct me
I did only say "if", so I'm not getting ahead or anything like it at this point so far. We know so far that Grandfather Spider is more than capable of dishing out petty threats & such, so he's likely saving what he really has for last if his plans get derailed by us.

Dully noted. Whatever occurs once Part I goes to Live, we'll find out.