Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ban Boosting :(

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed an increasing amount of boosters recently and it frustrates me. These players can easily rank up and not worry about gears or strategy just because they have easy access to multiple computers and accounts.

Me on the other hand, like many players, we spend our money on Crowns, farm gears for hours, days, weeks or even months, open hundreds of packs, and dedicate our time and effort to making a pet appropriate for PvP which takes a lonnggggg time...unlike boosters, we actually do what's fair and we support the game by spending money on it. But in this case, they're rewarded with free wins and rank.

It's unfair. Really unfair.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
One thing I may suggest though in order to reduce boosting, is to change the design of the female version of the Prestigious Robe into the Commander one. I know that there's a considerable amount of boosters that want this robe for their characters purely due to this reason.

Defender
May 11, 2013
deathsummoner4 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed an increasing amount of boosters recently and it frustrates me. These players can easily rank up and not worry about gears or strategy just because they have easy access to multiple computers and accounts.

Me on the other hand, like many players, we spend our money on Crowns, farm gears for hours, days, weeks or even months, open hundreds of packs, and dedicate our time and effort to making a pet appropriate for PvP which takes a lonnggggg time...unlike boosters, we actually do what's fair and we support the game by spending money on it. But in this case, they're rewarded with free wins and rank.

It's unfair. Really unfair.
"unlike boosters, we actually do what's fair and we support the game by spending money on it. But in this case, they're rewarded with free wins and rank."

Wrong boosters "Support the game" far more then someone with One account, or a Crown player, anyone who pays for more then one account is clearly supporting the game more then someone who pays for one.

That being said Expect boosters even more if they don't change the pvp crafted lock
Being forced to pvp is "Unfair"
the Toxic players in pvp make is the reason boosters exist
the cheating in pvp is another reason
the unbalanced classes is another
lets not forget that even with the "ranking system" Privates STILL fight mostly Warlords ( UNFAIR)
Get use to boosters because they are a part of PvP and they Support the game Ki would make a mistake to ban them and lose 4-8 accounts worth of income per booster to keep a few "pvpers" happy

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
RedDragon877 on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
"unlike boosters, we actually do what's fair and we support the game by spending money on it. But in this case, they're rewarded with free wins and rank."

Wrong boosters "Support the game" far more then someone with One account, or a Crown player, anyone who pays for more then one account is clearly supporting the game more then someone who pays for one.

That being said Expect boosters even more if they don't change the pvp crafted lock
lets not forget that even with the "ranking system" Privates STILL fight mostly Warlords ( UNFAIR)
Get use to boosters because they are a part of PvP and they Support the game Ki would make a mistake to ban them and lose 4-8 accounts worth of income per booster to keep a few "pvpers" happy
Thank goodness KI has a better moral compass than you. KI has already taken steps to address boosting including resetting the top booster's rank to 0 and banning them from ranked pvp.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2014
How are we suppose to play Wizard101 pvp as a beginner when all we receive are warlords and commanders..?
How are we suppose to have fun with this? it's completely unfair.
It should be private to private.. (unless you check "search for players out of your skill lvl")
We cannot have fun playing pvp when we always get put against someone of a much higher rank.
Private means the lowest and that you're starting out as a beginner NOT A WARLORD.. we have no idea what we're doing and yet we get paired up against the higher ranks.

Please do something about this.
I've been playing Wizard101 on and off since this game came out and i've yet to pop because of this matter.

(Maybe it's just the fact that pop isn't for me but this may change the system for new players coming in the game).

-Elie Bear

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
lifeblade001 on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
How are we suppose to play Wizard101 pvp as a beginner when all we receive are warlords and commanders..?
How are we suppose to have fun with this? it's completely unfair.
It should be private to private.. (unless you check "search for players out of your skill lvl")
We cannot have fun playing pvp when we always get put against someone of a much higher rank.
Private means the lowest and that you're starting out as a beginner NOT A WARLORD.. we have no idea what we're doing and yet we get paired up against the higher ranks.

Please do something about this.
I've been playing Wizard101 on and off since this game came out and i've yet to pop because of this matter.

(Maybe it's just the fact that pop isn't for me but this may change the system for new players coming in the game).

-Elie Bear
Yes, I agree that it's completely unfair for Privates to fight Warlords. But that shouldn't be an excuse to exploit the system. Boosting is actually cheating if you think about it.

I believe that we should fix it, not contribute to the problem...
Boosting just makes things worse.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

1) If you think that PvP-ing properly is unfair and that boosting is fair...whelp, I think you've switched those two around.
2) For the toxic players issue...why not just report them or ignore them? Every game has its own population of toxic players, just like in real life. There's not much we can do as much as I hate it. To me, it just sounds like you're pointing the blame on them and using it an as excuse to cheat. If you're interested in PvP, you should already know what you're getting yourself into. There are tons of rude players in the arena, so having a strong mentality helps.
3) The unbalanced classes is also something we can't really do much about, but it shouldn't be another reason for you to use to defend boosting. Boosting is cheating. That should be the end of it. If you really want KI to do something about it, then speak up! That's what the Message Boards are for.
4) I, with many others, won't get used to boosters nor will the PvP community tolerate or accept that they are a part of PvP, because they never were and never will. We want a fair game for everyone and boosting is not fixing the game, it's only adding to the many issues we have relating to PvP.

AND LASTLY, PvP stands for Player versus Player, it doesn't stand for Myself versus Myself on other computers!

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

As for the "supporting the game far more than someone with one account"...hmm, I think that's a bit of an overstatement. Yes, while in some cases, that may be the case. But how do you know if everyone with one account is spending less than someone with multiple accounts? They could have multiple chars on one account that they spend a lot of their money on. I myself have another account with other max chars since it makes questing a lot quicker and easier, so I understand where you're coming from and it may seem like that. But that shouldn't go for every booster or every single person who has one account, because if I were to boost one day (which I won't), I don't think I'll be spending that much on accounts I have created only for the sake of boosting, enough as to "support the game far more than someone with one account". It's not like boosting requires you to quest at all or anytime soon, right? Questing requires membership and as someone who happens to like to max PvP on her chars, I can tell you that both of them are very costly. I won't drag my point any longer because I believe I've said enough to get my point across. You are free to believe everything you've just said, but it still won't change the fact that boosting is technically cheating.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

And supporting the game doesn't necessarily mean spending stuff on everything. Supporting the game can also mean standing up for what the developers and the game stand for. Wizard101 is supposed to be fun and fair. You should be setting a good example for everyone, especially the children who plays this game. KingsIsle would like their game to be fair for every player, so I'm pretty sure they won't tolerate cheating in any way nor have they let anyone who has exploited their game get away with what they are doing.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

If there's only a few of us as you say, then why has boosting been addressed so many times by many people in the past and present to the point where KingsIsle had to take action recently? And I do consider myself a genuine PvP-er since I abide by the rules and do what is proper and fair play. I want to earn my wins and rank through hard work. Fighting yourself on other accounts is not PvP in any form or manner. The arena gears also doesn't cost anything other than arena tickets, which can be easily obtained through tourneys.