Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Balance shield. Balance is overpowered.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
Why isn't there shields against Balance Schools? Tower Shield is not good enough. They're overpowered. And the damage they do for supernova spell is ridiculous especially when it costs so little pips. The accuracy doesn't even make it up. Anyone can cover the accuracy with some jewels or good gear with accuracy boosts.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Balance is what?

Overpowered? What? o:

So many ways exists to stop a balance it's unbelievable.

But, just to address this concern. Weakness is available to you too, you can also plague, or dispel (not suggesting you should spam these now).

With balance having the weakness charms and motivation easily halted because of this, the school still has flaws which can be cleverly exploited.

Just think smart; then again, sorcerers tend to be the smartest of wizards :D

Bottom line is that the school isn't overpowered..

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I used to be in the 'no need for a balance shield' camp, but considering the damage they can do at high levels I think it's time. The fact that they have the only triple shield spells and can train dual shields on top of that is a bit much. They can stack -70 vs. every school and the best every one else can do is a -50 tower is inherently unfair.

There's a balance TC shield but it's too low. It's time for a trainable dual balance shield, say -60. Or balance & another school -70.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
While I don't want to come across as someone who complains 24/7, I completely agree. Balance gets tri-shields and can even train towers/the other schools' set shields and single shields if they wish to, which is quite unfair.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
But if a trainable Balance shield were to happen, they should get their own single prism/mass prisms to balance it out.

Lame pun, I know.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
The thing with balance is the damage can be pretty decent with some spells but the school has the weakest blades being only a +25 and +20 for balance damage (sharpen blades helps a lot when you get it)

Also if you don't have some cleanse TC's on hand you are going to have a bad day, balance has no way to remove negative charms without removing balance blades along with it. Throw a weakness on a balance wizard and it will make them cry.

As far as all the shields available to them goes, just bring in some shatter cards or earthquake and bye bye shields.

And for supernova, I find that spell really nice due to the fact you can do some nice damage with only two pips. But the catch is you can't use it unless the enemy has a bubble/aura up. So if you don't wanna get supernova'd don't use auras or throw on a balance dispell.

And if they are going for spells that do spirit/elemental damage like chimera and hydra they will probably be stacking more blades and traps so you got more time, plus you can shield that damage a lot easier.

Bottom line, Balance isn't that OP.