Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make it easier to buy back training points

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I am OK that it costs to buy back TP.

What is annoying is that I can only buy back ALL of them at once. Then I have to spend a day finding all the old trainers and training each spell individually. One problem is I don't even remember how to find most of them.

I can't be the only person who might just want to make a minor change to my trained spells. "Oh, I never use THAT spell" kind of thing.

It would be better if I could just open the spells I have trained from each school and delete them from the top down.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I support this idea!

It's annoying having to be running behind all the trainers across the spiral just to re-train spells you did not intentionally wanted to get rid of in the first place.

Have some form of menu that allows us to buy back certain amount of training points or to delete the spells we would like to dismiss. Of course, there will be rules to this in case persons try to be clever and for example dismiss all the life spells before learning Satyr and just keep Satyr.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
While I agree with the request in theory, I can see where KI would not implement this option due to potential misuse. When I dropped all of my training on the Free Buy Back special, I opted to train in the Death School in order to get the Feint Spell. (fourth or fifth one in line). I seldom if ever use the other Death spells I had to train to get Feint.

So if KI implemented a selective buy back, I know I would opt to keep Feint but lose the other three spells in favor of something I'd actually use.

There would be folks out there that would cherry pick the spells from the schools they wanted. Train to those and dump the rest. It would result in some serious OP players and knock the game balance completely out of whack.

So while I agree that in theory it would be nice. I doubt that KI will use the suggestion.

Steven Ghoststalker

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Area51Alien on Oct 12, 2017 wrote:
While I agree with the request in theory, I can see where KI would not implement this option due to potential misuse. When I dropped all of my training on the Free Buy Back special, I opted to train in the Death School in order to get the Feint Spell. (fourth or fifth one in line). I seldom if ever use the other Death spells I had to train to get Feint.

So if KI implemented a selective buy back, I know I would opt to keep Feint but lose the other three spells in favor of something I'd actually use.

There would be folks out there that would cherry pick the spells from the schools they wanted. Train to those and dump the rest. It would result in some serious OP players and knock the game balance completely out of whack.

So while I agree that in theory it would be nice. I doubt that KI will use the suggestion.

Steven Ghoststalker
Hi Area51,

No you would still have to train spells in order. "Life up to Satyr" and so on.