Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What should I do?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Okay, so I'm a level 66 Balance wizard.
Should I farm Waterworks for gear or should I wait until I hit level 70 and and farm Atlantea for gear instead.
TLDR: Which gear is best, Waterworks or Atlantea?

Edit: While trying to get a life mastery amulet I got all of the Waterworks gear, but should I swap it out for Atlantea gear once I get it?

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Get Waterworks. Atlantea gear isn't great. Waterworks should sustain until 100

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
If I had to choose, I would definitely go for Waterworks, it’s a lot less of a pain to farm for and has really balanced gear that will last you for quite a while. You can also craft the Wintertusk gear if you don’t want to farm, as it’s near identical to Waterworks in terms of stats and even gives you cards like a Blade, a trap, and a bubble, which in your case would be Power Play.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Answering your updated question: should you swap Waterworks for Atlantis later...?

Atlantis gear is good in that it tilts more heavily towards high critical chance, pierce, and pips. Waterworks is better for regular damage, resist, and accuracy. Which set-up is right for you depends on your playing style and needs.

Here's a nice side-by-side comparison for you to look over:
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/aquila-l70-poseidon-gear-vs-waterworks/

Sometimes the best option is to combine pieces: If you're going to be tanking and healing, for example, you might rely on high critical chance to maximize those heals but you still need defenses. In that case, the Poseidon's hat might be a better choice for you than Waterworks, because it has double the critical chance. The Poseidon boots are also better for resist and block than the Waterworks boots, yet the Waterworks robe gives higher resist and critical block. So a tanking/healing Balance wizard might get the best use from Poseidon hat and boots combined with Waterworks robe.

If you're hitting, PVPing or soloing, then you're going to look at the gear differently and select different stats to build on. Having all the gear available gives you lots of different ways to combine them, so I'd advise running Atlantis a couple of times when you hit level 70, just to see what drops for you.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 120

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Stick with the Waterworks Gear. As mentioned above, it has the potential to carry you all the way to 100.

Keep in mind that crafting options are also available to you.

Good Luck!

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks you guys!
I've done a bit of research and it does seem like Waterworks is the way to go, and TBH overall I'm not a big fan of how the Atlantea gear looks anyways, but now I have another question.

After Waterworks what's the next best gear that has to be farmed for.
Is it Hades/Tartarus gear, or gear from somewhere else?

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Freshta on Oct 12, 2017 wrote:
Answering your updated question: should you swap Waterworks for Atlantis later...?

Atlantis gear is good in that it tilts more heavily towards high critical chance, pierce, and pips. Waterworks is better for regular damage, resist, and accuracy. Which set-up is right for you depends on your playing style and needs.

Here's a nice side-by-side comparison for you to look over:
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/aquila-l70-poseidon-gear-vs-waterworks/

Sometimes the best option is to combine pieces: If you're going to be tanking and healing, for example, you might rely on high critical chance to maximize those heals but you still need defenses. In that case, the Poseidon's hat might be a better choice for you than Waterworks, because it has double the critical chance. The Poseidon boots are also better for resist and block than the Waterworks boots, yet the Waterworks robe gives higher resist and critical block. So a tanking/healing Balance wizard might get the best use from Poseidon hat and boots combined with Waterworks robe.

If you're hitting, PVPing or soloing, then you're going to look at the gear differently and select different stats to build on. Having all the gear available gives you lots of different ways to combine them, so I'd advise running Atlantis a couple of times when you hit level 70, just to see what drops for you.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 120
Thanks for all of the info!
Overall, even though I'm not a big fan of how it looks I probably will still end up owning then entire Tartarus gear set (I love to collect gear sets), so your advice sounds good.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Balance princess on Oct 12, 2017 wrote:
Thanks you guys!
I've done a bit of research and it does seem like Waterworks is the way to go, and TBH overall I'm not a big fan of how the Atlantea gear looks anyways, but now I have another question.

After Waterworks what's the next best gear that has to be farmed for.
Is it Hades/Tartarus gear, or gear from somewhere else?
It varies from person to person, but I believe that Hades Gear is better than Waterworks, giving lots of critical, damage and even some pierce. The drawback is that it cuts down on health by a considerable amount, but that doesn’t matter all that much to me. Waterworks can still last you until Darkmoor, even up till then it’s very good. Tartarus is very long and annoying to farm, and drops can be pretty rare, so it can be a big pain to farm. But if you’re willing and able to, go for it. The Hades wand is very good as well. Again, Waterworks can last you until Darkmoor, which is only 10 levels after Tartarus, so don’t sweat if if you can’t do it.

There is also Avalon crafted gear which you can consider getting (especially the boots, the boots are excellent). Don’t craft Azteca gear, it’s not very good (minus the boots), and Khrysalis Gear is alright I guess.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Balance princess on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for all of the info!
Overall, even though I'm not a big fan of how it looks I probably will still end up owning then entire Tartarus gear set (I love to collect gear sets), so your advice sounds good.
I meant the entire Atlantea gear set not the entire Tartarus gear set (I actually really like how the Tartarus gear set looks).
Couldn't edit for some reason so I had to quote myself to set this straight.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
chocoluver18 on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
It varies from person to person, but I believe that Hades Gear is better than Waterworks, giving lots of critical, damage and even some pierce. The drawback is that it cuts down on health by a considerable amount, but that doesn’t matter all that much to me. Waterworks can still last you until Darkmoor, even up till then it’s very good. Tartarus is very long and annoying to farm, and drops can be pretty rare, so it can be a big pain to farm. But if you’re willing and able to, go for it. The Hades wand is very good as well. Again, Waterworks can last you until Darkmoor, which is only 10 levels after Tartarus, so don’t sweat if if you can’t do it.

There is also Avalon crafted gear which you can consider getting (especially the boots, the boots are excellent). Don’t craft Azteca gear, it’s not very good (minus the boots), and Khrysalis Gear is alright I guess.
Thanks for the info.