Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Y Gor

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Y Gor, the boss in the Forge in Polaris.

KI, what are you doing to us?

Not everyone is extroverted. Those who are usually gear things toward other extroverts. They imply that introverts will just have to go along to get along.

Some people are so introverted they don't really even want to socialize in games. That means they are not going to have friends to quest with.

Please stop making bosses that are impossible to solo. I don't mind renting henchmen if that means I can play normally. You've built that into the game. It isn't cheating. But when you stack bosses against us that are impossible to beat without a friend list, the game is cheating us.

Y Gor spams shields on himself, one of which happens to be my school. The other is a henchman I always hire, so I don't die: Life. So right away, two of my team will have their hits reduced by 70 percent.

Y Gor also spams cheat heals on himself using his pet. His heals are 1000. So any hit less than 1000 is actually healing the enemy boss because he can heal as often as he wants. His heals also cast damage over time to my team.

Y Gor deals out the attack all death spell that damages over time. He also uses other random attacks.

People who hire henchmen to solo with cannot win this battle. I have sat here for hours already. My mana is nearly gone. My deck is exhausted. I reshuffled but still can only access Treasure Cards. All my Treasure Cards are less than 1000. Spells in my school are reduced by 70 percent. I have no blades or traps left.

Exactly how am I supposed to win this battle? I am fighting a boss that has up to 5 heals rotating around him while he damages us over time at the same time for each of those heals.

Please nerf Y Gor. Please reduce how many heals he can have at once. I'd say one at a time but even 3 might be do-able. Five heals at once?!

Please fix henchmen so they understand the boss they are fighting. At least, make them not do things that trigger the boss cheats.

I have sat here watching the boss go from 8000 or so health to 6000 or so health, and back again, for hours. Soon as someone hits hard, the next person hits small and triggers the 1000 point cheat, which actually heals the boss for anything between those hit points and 1000.

I'm going to run out of mana soon. My deck finally began giving me cards again, several rounds after I used reshuffle (why the delay?)

KI can you please nerf this boss so that introverts also have a chance to win it. If you examine your game, it's designed for extroverts, although many gamers are not. Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Ygor can actually be easily beaten solo. Just act as you do to any other boss in the game. His cheats are not that complicated and does not require a nerf.

TIPS

1. Bring in shatter TC. This will allow you to remove all those excess shields on him so you can land a hit without interruption.
2. Scared of not going first? Retry as much as you can until you go first in battle. Flee if you aren't first, and come back. Repeat cycle until you go first.
3. DON'T hire a henchman. A henchman will hurt you in most cheating battles. Every time he hits, he causes Ygor to heal, so why buy one in the first place? It may heal you, but refer to tip 5.
4. Stack ALL the possible blades and traps needed until you can land a one hit kill on Ygor. Stack feint and potent feint, all those blades like Elemental normal and sharp, Ice blade normal and sharp, Ice trap normal and potent, etc.
5. Be nimble. It is likely that Ygor will deal a whopping amount of damage to you in no time. So, make your deck smaller. Pack little shields, all the blades and traps you need, an AOE and single hit, and maybe a heal and a reshuffle if you require it. Being quick may make you not even require heals!
6. Use an AOE first. Strike with a few blades on a Frost Giant, Snow Angel, or you newly acquired spell Snowball Barrage. This will take out the minion and deal some damage to Ygor. Of course, Ygor uses a cheat-cast Power Link, but it is still decent damage done to him as the heal only heals a certain amount.

Using these tips, you should be able to triumph over this boss. I know it is annoying to fight a cheating boss as you are an "introvert" but this is an MMO. Yes, you would want to solo some of these bosses, but teamwork is the key if you want to triumph over some of the game's major bosses. Playing through a whole game solo ruins the definition of MMO. You can still minimize how you play the game with others, but you can't go through the whole game like that. Help WILL be required in some situations.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
*sigh* something to look forward to.

Steven Ghoststalker
76 (still in Zafaria)

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I soloed this boss as a death wizard (the school that he naturally resists) and since I looked up the cheats beforehand, I had devised a plan about 20 minutes before I got there.

When I got there, I just completely abandoned my prisms, since I knew they would mean nothing in the end. What I did instead is to pack Age of Reckoning (the death crit/pierce bubble), Shadow shrike, my normal buffs, and Lulu.

(I kinda messed up on the last part, since I would need the shadow pip for Shrike and the other pip for Lulu is just RNG. And I ended up using my bubble the second I got it, completely forgetting that Ygor is also death )

So as an ice wizard (I'm assuming), pack Shadow shrike, Katabatic Wind (from Amelia Stardust in Radiance Reborn), your normal buffs, and non Shadow enhanced spells. With the bubble and Shrike, his ice shield might as well not be there!

Also it sounds like you're overpacking your deck. Try making it a bit smaller to make things easier to find.

Good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My suggestion is a combination of the previous two:

1) Take out the minion ASAP.

2) Set up one huge hit using tools to pierce Ygor's shields and,

3) Only use one Gorilla henchman (level 70) for healing if you absolutely need it.

If all else fails and you just can't beat this guy solo, Alia is willing to lend blades, traps, feints and heals. We can meet up in the evening or on the weekend.

Also beware: Rasputin is coming up fast and you will definitely need help from real people on that fight.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you all for your replies.
I wound up fleeing that battle because it was clear I was never going to win the way it was set up at that time.
I had no clue what I would be facing. I do not always look up every boss before going into the battle circle and sometimes just stepping into that room can get you pulled in.

After I fled, I went through all of my treasure cards to see what would help the most. I healed up and filled up my health and took a few potions (I found out you can only have 3 at one time, and, not sure the 3 I chose helped much Lol -- I had intended to bulk up on health and mana but didn't.)

Then I began the dungeon/instance/whatsis all over again.

I do always take out the minion first if possible. One less hit to worry about, right?

The second time I chose two storm and one life henchman, all top level. The second time I tried on Y Gor his points went down steadily. Storm gets pips quicker or hits harder more often, it seems. I had forgotten that. I had looked up Y Gor after the battle started once I saw his awful cheats. So I had bought henchmen the first time according to his boosts (how he would take more damage.)

That's not always a good idea. This battle and another one taught me sometimes it's a better strategy to go according to the boss' cheats, in picking cards and team members.

I packed a lot of feint, which I applied just before Storm planned to make a big hit. That helped the most.
I packed and used a Shatter, since Y Gor kept shielding my school (grr.)

I healed myself when necessary.

I was so relieved to win. I was still tense because I didn't know what was next, but, it was just more talking, I think.

I celebrated by doing all the Halloween quests.

So those are some tips for those who are cautious (but not always wise) players like me. More tips are welcome. Everyone plays differently.

Not looking forward to Rasputin. Which quest has his battle in it? I can't seem to find that. Thank you.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Area51Alien on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
*sigh* something to look forward to.

Steven Ghoststalker
76 (still in Zafaria)
I know exactly how you feel! Lol

(I hear Rasputin battle is even worse!)

I forgot one last tip for those who play similarly to myself. Definitely do not hit with a wand, even the wand hits trigger the boss cheat. Y Gor can spam heals on himself whether it is his turn or not. Each heal is 1000 health for him.

So basically, the only damage you will do is whatever points are more than 1000 each time. If the hit is 1600 he will heal himself for 1000 of it almost every time he is hit, and so, only 600 of that (what is over 1000) will damage him.

You will need your feints and shatter treasure cards. Use them at the right times and that should help a lot. It was a totally different battle the 2nd time I went in because of that. I could not have done it without henchmen though. Maybe others who are better players could, using the tips other people posted in here.

I still think it should be nerfed let us use wands to get rid of his shields without his being able to heal himself from a wand (a wand for pete's sake!) and consider Y Gor only being able to have 3 heals going at a given time.

I think Y Gor even spams heals if his minion is hit too. Anyway good luck to everyone on Y Gor. He is the last boss in a dungeon/tower/instance (sorry, not hep on the lingo hehe) called something Forge, near the end of Polaris.

Anyway! Do not hit unless it's over 1000. Use anything you can to increase the hit points, including traps, blades, enchant cards, etc. Also only use the shadow magic guy that is 1600 points. Y Gor spams heals after shadow magic hits too.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
The Rat battle is not that bad actually! (With a good team of course. Sad to say this but, you can NOT beat this boss alone. You could beat it with 2 or 3 people possibly, 4 is not always need it.)
Click here for the wiki page on The Rat. (Spoiler Warning!) If you do not wish to be spoiled on the battle/plot, stop right here!

While I would say the battle is pretty tough, just know what you are doing, discuss with your peers, and you will triumph! If you need some tips on the battle when you get there, then say so and I will be willing to share!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
SparkleTude on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel! Lol

(I hear Rasputin battle is even worse!)

I forgot one last tip for those who play similarly to myself. Definitely do not hit with a wand, even the wand hits trigger the boss cheat. Y Gor can spam heals on himself whether it is his turn or not. Each heal is 1000 health for him.

So basically, the only damage you will do is whatever points are more than 1000 each time. If the hit is 1600 he will heal himself for 1000 of it almost every time he is hit, and so, only 600 of that (what is over 1000) will damage him.

You will need your feints and shatter treasure cards. Use them at the right times and that should help a lot. It was a totally different battle the 2nd time I went in because of that. I could not have done it without henchmen though. Maybe others who are better players could, using the tips other people posted in here.

I still think it should be nerfed let us use wands to get rid of his shields without his being able to heal himself from a wand (a wand for pete's sake!) and consider Y Gor only being able to have 3 heals going at a given time.

I think Y Gor even spams heals if his minion is hit too. Anyway good luck to everyone on Y Gor. He is the last boss in a dungeon/tower/instance (sorry, not hep on the lingo hehe) called something Forge, near the end of Polaris.

Anyway! Do not hit unless it's over 1000. Use anything you can to increase the hit points, including traps, blades, enchant cards, etc. Also only use the shadow magic guy that is 1600 points. Y Gor spams heals after shadow magic hits too.
Before Rasputin you'll do a dungeon called Jeweled Slopes. It has 3 bosses T.T
But do not worry! They don't cheat (I think) I did completely fine by blading up and hitting, make sure to feint the bosses though. On a side note, last boss in that dungeon drops the Mammoth Mini mount o:

Rasputin summons minions with 1 health and 120% resist every time you blade, heal or cast a trap.
These minions self-destruct on the 3rd round. But it's best to kill them before.

My own 'guide' on how to kill Rasputin

Have a spammer, they need to have 25 pierce minimum. They have to spam a 4 pip multi target hit every round to get rid of the minions. I do not prefer having a Life or Death go as a spammer. Since their multi target hits are 5 pips or more.

Have 2 hitters, they will blade and trap and then finally have a big hit to kill with. You don't need to worry about the minions since your spammer got your back.

Have a support wizard, they can heal and shield. Again, no need to worry about the minions.

Having a spammer is key.

Other important tips are:

You can only feint once.

Make sure to kill before round 30! The huge Borealis Titan will deal a million damage on round 30!

I hope this helps! Usually there are always people standing outside willing to help. Good luck with finishing Polaris!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thank you so much, everyone for all of your tips.
I finished Jeweled Slopes. As Mirajane said, Rasputin is not in it. After the last fight in it which has two bosses, you just exit, but it makes you go up a long slope first. I thought there was more so I got distracted and took a break and timed myself out. I had to do it over again. Lol

Now the last battle in Polaris is Rasputin.

I definitely won't try it alone. I am not sure how I will find people. Maybe I will wait a while.
Thank you so much again. I think all of your tips will help other people too.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I farmed YGor by MYSELF several days so I could get the death pet he dropped. It's not impossible. I am death, and he spams life shields, so my prisms didn't do much at all. If I could find a way to beat him as much as I did, by myself... To get his pet, .. Then so can anyone. Keep trying.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Hey if you ever decide to try Ygor again, I'd be glad to help anytime. I died so many times fighting him at first I almost cried. He gets easier each time you try. But please don't give up. I had to come back to this post and post again to you, because I was so frustrated by him too. I would be glad to help anytime though, and if not good luck and don't give up.